IDI Florida Mini-meet 8/24/08

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
There used to be little get togethers with PSD guys around here too. I went to a couple of those but don't think I totally fit in, :p.

One time we went to a dyno though, that was cool, except my wimpy IDI sucked and the guy operating the dyno was a goof.

Yeah, if ever meeting again let me know. We might be able to put together a good size meet.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
southeast alabama eh?
I'm working out of mobile right now.

my two boats are.... one is assisting a dredge, the other is doing a 12hour tow to dump some mud from your shipping channels.

EMD and 4x4 I woulda mentioned it earlier, but I got sent home from work... I passed out on a barge, got kicked off a boat for being so damn sick, ended up being pneumonia, coughing till I'd black out, 104.2 temp.... man that was a ****** week. finally bout kicked it now, back to work in two weeks.

drew

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
welpI'm new and haven't established any of my specs on here as of yet but a few weeks ago I made a trade for an 89 F-250 with a 7.3 and 5 spd 4x4.....I Live in Lake County Florida but my GF is going to school at UF....alotta florida members here that i can see so far....Right now I'm working in Orlando offa I-Drive...

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
southeast alabama eh?
I'm working out of mobile right now.

my two boats are.... one is assisting a dredge, the other is doing a 12hour tow to dump some mud from your shipping channels.

EMD and 4x4 I woulda mentioned it earlier, but I got sent home from work... I passed out on a barge, got kicked off a boat for being so damn sick, ended up being pneumonia, coughing till I'd black out, 104.2 temp.... man that was a ****** week. finally bout kicked it now, back to work in two weeks.

drew

I know what you mean about being sick! I caught something too and was laid up with a 104.1 temp! My chest still feels like King Kong was jumping up and down on it, from all the coughing I was doing! Was in bed for 35 hours straight! Fever's going down now.. Thank God!

Gary

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey the O/D is great but the adapter is too short for the 4 speed I have. I'm working on finding an adapter and fixing the electronics. Did you ever get your turbo put in?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started to but the exhaust was tweaked and wouldnt line up. I ended up pulling it off because I needed it running again. I plan to try and put it back on within the next two weeks. Do you know anyone that would rebuild turbo's for cheap. The shop around me wants 375 to do it. I told them I can go to Sarasota and get an entire setup off of a 94 for 600 bucks.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We should get together one day and you could show me how to make biodiesel. I've been mixing a little veggie oil with a tank of diesel and man does the truck run 100% better.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'd be glad to share what I know. Handy fellow such as yourself could definitely get it done. It ain't rocket science.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I'm moving to Berea, bout 30 miles south of lexington. Maybe more white picket fences up there but same amount of horses as here in ocala. I'd love to meet up with everyone before I left but I'm not sure about how much time I'm gunna have. Ya'll are all are great bunch of folks on here! Seems like florida people are coming out of the woodwork! Everyone should try and get to the rally since its only kentucky, bout 12 hours for ya'll down here!

This is totally unrelated to this post but I'll throw it up anyways. I've finally sorted out my GP issues, when Gary was here we were messing around under there and he had given me a controller/relay setup that he KNEW worked and still no dice on GP's, they all tested good. So a bypass of the controller was made and presto GP's work, truck starts like a CHAMP every morning instead of crankin like crazy and white smoke! yay!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm moving to Berea, bout 30 miles south of lexington.
Everyone should try and get to the rally since its only kentucky, bout 12 hours for ya'll down here!

We're about 3 hours west from Lexington. Just jump on the Bluegrass Parkway, then the Western Kentucky Parkway and your in Greenville.

And yes, some southern IDI'er would be good to have a the rally. There are a bunch of folks coming from the north (Chris, Darrin, Ron, Barney, Travis, Mel, and so on.) and they are driving at least 8 to 12 hours to get here! It's always a good time and worth the trip.;Sweet

Heath

Last edited: