IDI Conversions

IHGreatness

Reaction score
I was wondering what are some of the vehicles that you guys have on here that you put IDI's in I'm growing found of these engines and just want to see what people have done. This is nothing serious just a fun thread.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Mine is a conversion from 460/C6 to 7.3l turbo 5spd.

However it was mostly bolt on so hardly compares to putting an IDI in something that never had one.

Now that I look closer. I basically had what you had, then stole the 87 Crew Cab for cheap and pulled the 7.3l out of my 85 f250 SC 4x4 and used it in a truck that was worth more.

Sucked to part out the 85, but I hated my F250 just for the ride alone.

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put mine in an 89 ford bronco... was a 302/AOD now 7.3/zf5.... was pretty much bolt up swap though. except a 3inch body lift and very slight firewall push for clearance.

I have a line on a low-ish mileage 6.9 (87k original miles) that i may try and shove in the 88 ranger i have sitting in the bottem yard. but as i havent even checked for compatability fitment in the engine bay, im not even sure thats going to get started ever (might go 4bt way on that one)

IHGreatness

Reaction score
IDI diesel man that is a badass truck. I remember seeing that when I use to be on thedeiselgarage.com

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get the money, I would LOVE to install an IDI N/A in either a 3/4ton 4x4 IH Travelall or Travelette....an 80s bronco would be cool too w/an IDI and 1-ton running gear.

When my 465LDT gives up the ghost in my M35A2 6x6, Im debating on throwing an IDI in it too.

That is one sharp truck IDIesel man