Identify this part please.

Idiforlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats this ball thingy and what does it do ?
You must be registered for see images attach

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vacuum canister. I see them a lot on gas engines that don't have the coffee can vacuum canister. Its purpose is to hold extra vacuum for what ever accessory needs to use it. ( brake booster, cruise control, HVAC controls)

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vacuum can, and pressure switch for warning light I believe.

Idiforlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the function of this device i had a metal can on the other fender but it rusted out. Thanks i know about the warning switch.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a vacuum reservoir. Stores up vacuum so you can run a smaller vacuum pump. That looks like a later one. On these trucks you need vacuum for heater controls, brakes and cruise. I don't think there's anything else. Think about like a tank for an air compressor. Same principle.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'm working on replacing my missing coffee can with a 1 lb propane cylinder. Empty of course. I'll make a thread if it works when the last of the fittings arrive.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use about anything that will seal. I have plans to use a small air tank. Like 1/2 gallon I think. Have to look again.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
You must have a check valve in there. I got a brass one, but the spring may be too strong. If that's the case I'll dump it and use a plastic automotive check valve that plumbs into the vacuum line (didn't think of that until after I ordered the brass one).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron