I really feel dumb having to ask this

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
Anyway as you guys know I just stepped into to the 21st century by purchasing a 2006 f-350 lariat crewcab dually and any way I am trying to rig it up and wire do some exterior wire customizing ie. back up lights etc. and anyway the truck is equipped with the upfitter switch package but for the life of me I can't find where to access the circuits for them except for through the in cab fuse box is the anywhere else to access them? :confused:not used to such new iron.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the only access is in the cab. My SuperDuty (Excursion) is to old for the upfitter switches. I think on superduty.com (Our Sister Site) there may be info on the upfitter swithes.

LouBraun

Reaction score
The wires from the upfitter switches are located just above the central junction box in the truck's interior.

Look to the left of the steering column and there will be a removable panel above the central jujnction box. Pull that and look above the box. There will be 4 wires with terminated ends waiting for you to use them.

To get access and connect anything to those wires, I'd remove the mounting bolts that hold the central junction box in place and move it aside. This is an easy job.

You will also find 4 blunt cut wires that go from the cab interior to the engine bay in the same general area. You can use one of these wires if you don't want to poke a hole through the firewall.

Lou Braun