I Have Felt the Power

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
be pretty hard to get an idi to beat that 350hp 650lb tq cummins

Already boasting class-leading payload and towing, Ford has now increased the 2011 F-Series Super Duty's engine output to ensure it has class-leading numbers in all areas. Originally launched with 390-hp and 735 ft-lbs of torque, Ford is upgrading the truck to deliver 400-hp and 800 ft-lbs of torque. Better yet, owners who already purchased one of the lower-output 2011 models will be able to get a free upgrade from their Ford dealer.

I have thought about the economy and I have a decent retirement set up for my wife and I, and if I lose that then none of us will be doing anything but struggling. Hope that never happens for all our sakes. BTW, OBAMA WILL BE GONE IN JAN 2013. And I hope much of our current Congress will be gone Jan 2011.

If it wasn't for are beloved Obama,Reid, Pelosi, and our hard earned TAX DOLLARS, Cummins might have been gone too, and the Canadian economy would be worse off.

Congrats on your new truck from "GM's" Goat Co.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
If it wasn't for are beloved Obama,Reid, Pelosi, and our hard earned TAX DOLLARS, Cummins might have been gone too, and the Canadian economy would be worse off.

Congrats on your new truck from "GM's" Goat Co.:rolleyes:

Should say "FORD's Goat Co. too. Ford is part owner of Cummins. BTW, my 93 F350 was assembled in Canada.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck Don. Gonna be driving the goat north to the Rally? Hope to see you there. It's been a while and Dodge or IDI, we'd like to see you at the ten year anniversary.

Heath

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
but, I could not force myself to buy an unproven Ford diesel.

Research my friend. Letting the old fear of the early 6.0L isn't going to help anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fordtrucks

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/ford/1006dp_first_drive_2011_ford_super_duty/index.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/1006_2011_ford_f250_2010_ram_2500_comparison/index.html

Just to throw up a few links. If fact, probably any truck mag you can pick up has crawled all over this thing. I'm sure if they can beat these things in the Baja and Alaska under a load, your horse trailer would be fine.

Now that I got that out of my system, congratulations on the new truck, hope it serves you for years to come. Until the IDI is back! XD

I also have to add, you have quite a bit of work into your IDI already, what else is there left to do? Also curious why it can't handle your workload. >_>

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really. Shouldn't this thread belong under the Dodge Cummins Diesel forum's? Hasn't been a post there in over 30 day's.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Research my friend. Letting the old fear of the early 6.0L isn't going to help anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fordtrucks

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/ford/1006dp_first_drive_2011_ford_super_duty/index.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/1006_2011_ford_f250_2010_ram_2500_comparison/index.html

Just to throw up a few links. If fact, probably any truck mag you can pick up has crawled all over this thing. I'm sure if they can beat these things in the Baja and Alaska under a load, your horse trailer would be fine.

Now that I got that out of my system, congratulations on the new truck, hope it serves you for years to come. Until the IDI is back! XD

I also have to add, you have quite a bit of work into your IDI already, what else is there left to do? Also curious why it can't handle your workload. >_>

I read those and here are the things that I avoid when purchasing a new vehicle:

Diesel Power Mag said:
The '11 Super Duty features an all-new engine, new transmission, new front end treatment, and an updated interior with a new LCD screen-based driver interface. The towing, payload, and gross combined weight ratings (GCWR) have been increased. The engine's power output has gained 40 hp and 85 lb-ft of torque, and the fuel economy is reported to be 18 percent better than what the 6.4L Power Stroke offered last year.

Too many new major items for this truck. I hope they all work flawlessly for Ford, but they can use someone else as their lab rat.

My IDI cannot handle the load in hot weather and I do live in Alabama where we average 90+ 2-3 months a year. But, as my project truck, I will be upgrading the cooling system to aluminum rad and MS Tech fan clutch. Next, I want more stopping power. 4 wheel disc brakes would be a great addititon, but that requires 17"+ wheels on a DRW vehicle or changing the rear axle to a 99-03 E350 axle. That is on my list also. I need 4wd many places I go or at least a locking diff. LSD is on the list.

With the job I have right now and the rate at which I get things done, I will be 2-3 years before I get this list anywhere close to being done.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck Don. Gonna be driving the goat north to the Rally? Hope to see you there. It's been a while and Dodge or IDI, we'd like to see you at the ten year anniversary.

Heath

I would feel real awkward showing up in a goat when I have only made 1 rally for 1 day out of the 9 already held. It would be great to meet everyone there though. We'll see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online