I dont smoke, and the truck dosnt either.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So from what Ive read the "Coal Rollers" are pushing more fuel than can be used, causing it to burn out in the pipes. Also read that white smoke at cranking is caused by Air Intrusion.

I do have some White smoke at the morning start, and some at heavy pedal when cold. Other than that I havent seen any black.

Is it possible at 360k other than some Air Intrusion this truck is burning Fuel at the "Optimal" level??

Best I can tell, IP is Orig, Injects are Orig, and been doing alot of fuel work, LP, SSV, and Shower Head.

Not Lookin to a full Coal Roller, just curious of what might be going on.

Side note: Wife's car had to stay at the Volvo House, so she had the "Privilege";Really of driving Chug-A-Lug. Hers is a 5spd so that fine. Tonight I got her list of things I need to do to the Truck.;Sweet and the budget has been Increased!!!!:cheers:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
if they are original at those miles then YES get some new injectors and a new IP! if you get a quality pump then it will be like a new truck.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have MrGasket E pump right now. Have a Carrier from GenLighing sitting in the tool box. Building a bracket it for it this wknd. The MrGasket was to get it going tell the Carrier got here.

So I guess a Baby Moose, and Injectors, and Return Line Kit?!!?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yes, "IF" your pump and injectors are original. And even then, if your running that well and getting good mileage...leave it. If it aint broke....

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
What he said: If it aint broke, don't fix it.

It's nice to have the spare parts on the shelf tho. :sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The word IF is used a lot here. So if they pump and injecters are old with that many miles on them... They are worn out... But if you are getting good mileage and plenty of power just leave it alone but know its a matter of time till it fails... Where are you going to be when that happens... Only God knows... I'm with others here about leaving something thats working well alone but what can you compare theis to is my question. Pop pressure and timing are very important to good mileage and hp. a setting of 9.5 btdc is what you want by the pulse type method of timing. Mel or Russ is really the only trustworthy places I would tell you to deal with... They are two of the best people to deal with without any bad feedback ever talked about or seen here.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is not a daily driver, its been known to sit for more than a week. Try not get it all worked up just to run to the corner store, just take the wife's car. When I do it tends to be 50

miles or better. Milage seems to be around 17 on the avg. Is this good/average/poor?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
A lot depends on the gearing and how you drive it. but that seems about right...the one tone probably had 4.11 gears