I disassembled my TEO6H....

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
TEO6h Turbo Question.

I disassembled my TE06H and now think I am ready to disassemble the wheels but I am not sure how to support the center section so I don't screw these fins, or something else up. Is the nut holding the wheel to the shaft super tight like the kind that takes hundreds of pounds of torque then all of a sudden it lets go as tools and parts and arms fly wildly around in the air like some crazy Matrix scene?

Once the nut is off, are these wheels pressed on or are they somewhat loose? I can't see such a fragile piece being pressed, but I am blind sometimes.

I have some shaft play, no in and out but a kind of side to side like a wobble and it is on the compressor side, is this due to shudder or whatever it is called? There is no housing contact on either side.

I figure new journal bearings and seals, but what other parts should I get from the parts guy I found and are there any upgrades I should consider while I am at this point?

I read several things about balancing, I was curious since all I am doing is the bearings and seals since my wheels are good, if I mark these and install the wheels back into proper "time" should the balance still be good, I mean even the nut will come back to the same spot right?

If I do need to get this balanced, what kind of shop does this service and what are some average prices?

Last question, My wastegate is really tight, I have it soaking in PB Blaster right now and it seems to be getting looser, I see this round plate on the exhaust housing with a small weld, can I remove this and access the wastegate or is it non-servicable and if serviceable, what kind of weld is that on the back, can a MIG or TIG get the job done? My better judgement says leave it alone, but I am also hard of hearing most of the time!

Last edited:

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
Got the wheels off the shaft and everything marked so it will go back together the same way. I'm almost willing to run this without balancing the wheels and shaft since it is all going back the way it came apart and no new parts that spin, we'll see...

I still have a very tight waste gate in the turbine housing, I think it might be rust between the bushing and the shaft.

Now how about this stupid question; could/should I put some heat to this with a torch (the turbine housing around the shaft hole, not the lever or shaft itself) in an attempt to loosen up the actuator shaft in the housing? I don't think the shaft is bent in there but who knows, something has this thing in a bind.

I guess I should ask if this is SUPPOSED to be tight and loosens up once at operating temp? That little beast named Thermal Expansion coming into play here maybe?

Last edited: