I did it now! My Project 2011 (long)

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as stated before, I pulled the injectors on my '93, and thought, since I had it apart this far, may as well send the pump off too.

So the pump is headed to Mel, injectors are ordered from Type4 (I think) and the truck is tore apart in my shop.

You must be registered for see images attach

While I am waiting for my pump and injectors, I decided to start cleaning up the inteior. Just to refresh ya'll, this truck came from Florida, but was at a used car dealer in TNcookoo. the dash pad looks like the Mohave, and the PO must have been 600lbs, because the ds seat was smashed down and bent back. In the mean time I was looking for interior parts, but tan 92-97 interiors are like hens teeth around here, but happened upon a '95 Eddie Bauer supercab f150. SCORE :love: Perfect dash, 40-20-40 front bench(double score) and great door cards(triple score) How ever, the only problem was the PO wanted the motor, and would had to have all of $300 :eek: I couldnt pay him fast enough.

Back to the task at hand, I took out both seats, and all of the flooring, and here is what that looks like.

Now where I am from, the only way to get sand in a truck is with a loader, or a shovel, but not this girl. Beach Front Property Baby!

So I get into this a little deeper, (mind you, I have owned the truck for over a year, so some of this is not a suprise) what do I find :puke:

(clutch safety swith)

Oh but if only that was the worst of it!!!-cuss

*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but wait, what is this green and brown wire for???

Oh here it is!:idiot::idiot:

So my summer of fun begins!!

Thanks,
Matthew

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
People that use that type of wire nuts should have them twisted on their junk... See how they like fixing that... Talk about dangerous going down the road electrical fires...:eek: Glad you have a handle on this and not one of those oh crap... smoke from under the dash late at nite trips.....

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
SPK :rolleyes: I can believe the wire nuts....."If it's good enough for buildings..."
While they get an A for creativity on the safety switch bypass....there are better ways to do that.(Like Don't...but that would be hypocritical of me)

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
SPK :rolleyes:
While they get an A for creativity on the safety switch bypass....there are better ways to do that.(Like Don't...but that would be hypocritical of me)

yeah mr super glue and a screw and now my truck starts without the clutch in!;Really

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i think we just had a thread a while back where i was showing how i was wiring in a custom under the hood fuse/relay box. We got on the subject about people putting there NUTS where they should not be!! I just wish those things said known to the state of California to cause cancer..just like everything else around here..hate those things. Take your time and you will figure it out. Clean it up really nice now and it will pay for itself later down the road.

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People that use that type of wire nuts should have them twisted on their junk... See how they like fixing that... Talk about dangerous going down the road electrical fires...:eek: Glad you have a handle on this and not one of those oh crap... smoke from under the dash late at nite trips.....

Ya, I found them under the bumper when I went tracking down my trailer plug and home made reese hitch, that was a mess. And if you look in the last pic, they used them on the blower fan too. :mad:
Matthew

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I have found them on my truck too. That being said, I could see using them in a pinch just to get home where you could fix it properly. Use tape to ensure they don't fall off on the trip home.
I'm not the best at wiring things but I do try to fix it right.

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just blowing the dust off this thread, I am still waiting on the pump, and the injectors are here, but have yet to put themselves in:D

But to update, the interior project is done! What a pita it was.

Front 40/20/40 seat, with a jy frame, as a Supercab will not bolt to a Crew floor-cuss

Swapped the windows and tinted them, 5% vent and 20% main. New felt on the outside

Seat out of another '95 from the JY much better than factory

Gauge pod, with cheap Sunpro gauges, except the Banks pyro, that the lens is broke out of.

Had the headliner, shelf and sunvisors recovered, came out nice.

Factory Ford slider, out of the '95. dont know if I'll use it much, but hey it was cheap.

All thats left, besides the engine work, is get the A/C fixed, and swap the rear axle for a true dually axle. Maybe a SMF kit later on. It really never ends.

So the '95 donated:

Front seat
Dash board
Door cards
Front windows with weather stripping
Rear slider
Grill
Hitch and trailer plug in
Chrome bumper
Tailgate, with bright trim (needs painted to match)
Complete A/C system, not installed

So another $1500 into the old brut, but hell that might make a new truck payment:puke:

Matthew

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, been looking for over a year to find a 40/20/40 that is even worth recovering to put in my 79... zero luck whatsoever. So far found one, it WAS in decent shape i suspect until it had an engine sitting on in-cuss

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, been looking for over a year to find a 40/20/40 that is even worth recovering to put in my 79... zero luck whatsoever. So far found one, it WAS in decent shape i suspect until it had an engine sitting on in-cuss

Ya the truck I got the frame out of was grey, and had a hundred cig burns in it. mine has about 3. But if you have a use for a set of supercab seat bases, the drivers side is like a 6 way power job I couldnt use:mad:
Matthew

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned new outside felt for the windows... where did you get that? I've been meaning to do that on mine but it seems hard to find.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for seats (front and back) out of a 92-97 rig, but im not sure that i want electric, more wiring, which i despise, and i dont mind just a good old fashion mechanical seat. The back seat in the newer truck sits a ways higher, hopefully giving me decent storage under the back seat, other wise i have to have mine completely rebuilt and extend the feet on it. Trying to get enough space to stuff some 10s or 12s under there and still allow the seat to fold down, and at the same time have enough room back there to allow for ppl to ride, maybe cramped, but ride. Maybe i ought to just look for a whole cab, wouldnt mind makin mine a 3dr ... something ive kicked around for a little while now. Dunno if it would be easier to canibalize one off a newer truck, or just build it from scratch.

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned new outside felt for the windows... where did you get that? I've been meaning to do that on mine but it seems hard to find.
From my ford dealer. They are not cheap, but what is anymore:dunno I'll get you Part numbers if you want

Im looking for seats (front and back) out of a 92-97 rig,

I still have the rear seat for the '95 if you want it
Matthew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle