I am the new owner of another IDI

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you find where the breather mounted at? that would kind of narrow down the search... and yea I would say that would work for the pyro, but I guess just trying it and seeing what it does would be the only test

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw, *whistles* thats like the cleanest interior I've ever seen! she's beautiful!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 6.2 with a banks kit awhile ago. The cdr was fed from the fill neck, bolted to a plate ok top if the alternator and dumped into the intake box next to the turbo. This is setup totally different and has me puzzled. I cannot find an "outlet " to run to a cdr. Nothing from the valve covers, rear of intake or the fill neck.

I know there is an adapter that mounts between the fill neck and engine. I guess I'll have to try to track one down .. But that still leaves me wondering where the old vent is.

Black dawg

Reaction score
if that is a 3/4 ton, I hate you......should be a 4l80 in 91 if it is a 3/4.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if that is a 3/4 ton, I hate you......should be a 4l80 in 91 if it is a 3/4.

It's a 3/4t :D

I can setup a place for the cdr to go, I just need to figure out how to get the crank case pressure out.

Black dawg

Reaction score
It's a 3/4t :D

I can setup a place for the cdr to go, I just need to figure out how to get the crank case pressure out.

For some reason there are NO 91 3/4 ton burbs around here. As dumb as it may sound, that is my dream car at the moment.

I would get rid of my crewcab for a burb like that. I have a partial banks kit, let me know if you need anything.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason there are NO 91 3/4 ton burbs around here. As dumb as it may sound, that is my dream car at the moment.

I would get rid of my crewcab for a burb like that. I have a partial banks kit, let me know if you need anything.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to what trans it had when I bought it. I just looked and it is a 4l80.

Do you happen to have the adapter that mounts between the fill neck? That would be AWESOME!!

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The 91 v series(4x4) crew cab one tons are even harder to find. I missed one about a year ago that was bought new by the DNR with a banks turbo kit from the factory. Its the only one Ive actually ever seen. 6.2 diesel, 4l80e trans, 205 transfer case, and dana 60 front end. Probly one of the best production trucks ever made. Ive seen a few gassers but never a diesel. The burbs pop up from time to time, half ton burbs are easy to find in the v series...

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I see it now .. The cdr was fed from the side of the intake manifold. With the turbo the two side ports on the manifold are plugged. So I definitely need the fill neck adapter. Hopefully the PO didn't run this too long with zero crank case pressure release.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I honestly didn't pay much attention to what trans it had when I bought it. I just looked and it is a 4l80.

Do you happen to have the adapter that mounts between the fill neck? That would be AWESOME!!

the vent is actually part of the filler neck. I do have one, but you will have to send me the burb to make sure it fits.

Any old filler neck from an earlier 6.2 will work.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I see how it goes. I just need to buy a 6.5l fill neck.

Black dawg

Reaction score
the vent will go from the filler neck to the bottom of the stupid banks air box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online