Hypermax's Superbuild

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on that, buit c6 will handle that power all day. plus a c6 is'nt expensive to build-up..

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ok about welding the heads - I should have seen that coming. I was trying to figure out how the heck they could weld the castings in a way that wouldn't instantly crack (not to mention the heating problems for other materials in the engine that won't take kindly to the temperatures involved).

ken74amx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK on the c6 I've blown up quite a few and 2 were built to the hill and were supposed to be bulletproof.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya iv'e seen some crazy #'s going thru c6's, a c6 is definatly one of the best ootions for them #'s.. i would'nt trust any builder thou, c4's and c6's are so easy to rebuild id just build my own..

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I was driving my 91 today daydreaming about what it would be like to experience the Hypermax IDI's power under my hood...

Instantly I mashed down to unleash the fury, hearing a faint turbo whistle, blowing smoke like a coal train--the boost gauge crept up on 9PSI!!!! :shocked::eek::hail ;Really:sly Wooo Hooo doggie!

Now if I could find a way to times my rear wheel horsepower by 10 and add 2 digits to the boost pressure I'd be set! :rotflmao

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya C6s can be made to handle nasty amounts of power pretty easily. Hell you can build C4s to handle 800hp for pretty cheap.

Granted the full roller c6 they used, probably not all that cheap. But the C6 is arguably the strongest auto put in a light-medium duty vehicle. Ive eaten 2 of em myself, or rather bought two that were goin, one was run for gawd knows how long with hardly any atf, and the other the sprag went boom, but it had over 400k miles on it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
By all means you would use an ATS trans........:rotflmao:eek::angel: Actually I feel there are two E4OD trans builders that can handle this power. Thats BTS and Suncoast Trans.... Those two stand out above many other wanna be companys..... The C6 is a great trans capible of handleing plenty of hp and Torque too...

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the E4OD has a geartrain available thats stronger than the C6 ever had ......though I realize many guys here will have none of that......;Poke:angel:

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
I live only 20 minutes from Hypermax and I think I just might have to run over and check those parts out. See what kind of prices we are looking at also.

last time i spoke with them the pump was around 5 grand alone. the guy that bought the motor from hypermax supposedly lives in elburn, il and is rumored to still run the track at route 66 in joliet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online