Hi Mike,
The pump is a Robert Bosch inline 8 and then we modify it to our specs. We
made everything else, injectors, lines, front cover, gears, intake, etc. I
think we still have some parts to put one together. I've enclosed a picture
of the engine.
Thanks
Ron
."
I would like point something out "I think we still have some parts to put one together." :sly:love::thumbsup::yell:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I'm seeing the intake runners being equipped with a taped fitting as well.:love:

I gotta say that the extra goodies on top of that motor sure makes it look small.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Won't matter. Nobody here will cough up the coin they probably would want for them. :dunno What a sweet build. In my mind, it was always a given that there would have to be a ton of custom stuff. Clearly we are looking at a totally different intake/exhaust to make room for that inline pump, and for all we know the valley pan is not the same either. But the pics are the proof of the pudding, and now we all know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this motor did truely exist. Thank you Brad for taking what seems like a simple initiative to dig deeper with the right people. ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sure would be great to actually see the internals of the heads... questions I would ask are.....
Do you use the precups. Who made the pistons. What is the compression ratio. Custom rods and crank ??? What size are the piston pins.... Who did the head porting. Are you running the inconel exhaust valves... What have you done to the oil pump and pressure if any thing.... Did you use any block filler in the cylinder areas of the block. And mostly what is the cam grind and who did that..... Bore and stroke would be nice to know too but not that important at this time....:angel: I recall someone here bought a set of the special head gaskets with the machined o-rings so thats a known itemHow they were machined into the heads and block is by far a very interesting question. Its not a simple circular cut either. The precup is part of the stock firering..... The intake ports and the exhaust ports and a fitting on them. I wonder if thats for temp or pressure reading. I don't see a waste gate on either of the turbos. Sounds like the design was made correctly so nothing is over boosted....:dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
While it looks really cool. It is completely unusable. There is NO WAY that turbo system would fit in a pickup. Maybe in an international S series or a F600-800

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there is another post about this engine floating around, the cam crank rods and block were factory. Not sure if block-crete was used, but if it was what would be the use of freeze plugs, as we know the engine required rubber ones to stay in. As far as precups, another person i know who has talked with hypermax on the phone stated that they bored the pre-chamber and the port in the precup which required the engine to build its power 4k-6k rpms. It is however STILL IDI. We can see that just by the injector location and angle. However the design for the precups does play in the grey area between IDI and ID, in essence making an IDI as close to DI without actually being DI, as possible. The engine was 15-1 CR, The engine was a 7.3 sleeved down to a 6.9. It made 145-150lbs of boost. As implied by my reply from hypermax, im sure they in house built /machined all the required parts.

That is the best that i have come up with so far. As with anything on the internet, take this with a grain of salt, that is not to say its not true or even not likely.

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air cell chamber

The air cell is a small cylindrical chamber with a hole in one end. It is mounted more or less coaxially with the injector, said axis being parallel to the piston crown, with the injector firing across a small cavity which is open to the cylinder into the hole in the end of the air cell. The air cell is mounted so as to minimise thermal contact with the mass of the head. A pintle injector with a narrow spray pattern is used. At TDC the majority of the charge mass is contained in the cavity and air cell.[citation needed]

When the injector fires the jet of fuel enters the air cell and ignites. This results in a jet of flame shooting back out of the air cell directly into the jet of fuel still issuing from the injector. The heat and turbulence give excellent fuel vaporisation and mixing properties. Also since the majority of the combustion takes place outside the air cell in the cavity, which communicates directly with the cylinder, there is less heat loss involved in transferring the burning charge into the cylinder.

Air cell injection can be considered as a sort of half way stage between fully indirect and fully direct injection, gaining some of the efficiency advantages of direct injection while retaining the simplicity and ease of development of indirect injection.

SOURCE: Wikipedia

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Hi Brad,
The engine was still an IDI. According to the guys computer, it made 1200hp.
Thanks
Ron

To bad this guy didnt have some 1st hand knowledge, instead of reading off a computer:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes