Hypermax?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
China does make the Banks turbo. Its a Mistubishi turbo. I can't speak for the rest of the kit but really hope Banks usues good old usa for that.

dieseldoug

Reaction score
I also wish I knew for sure if the Sidewinder made for my 7.3 was done in California. All I could find out was that their main shop includes about one hundred employees.

During my working years I spent time along side craftsmen and women from Europe, Japan and the USA. NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, DOES IT BETTER THAN WE DO.

Think I'll give Banks a call on Monday, and see what they have to say.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think Wastegated might be better for towing.
Here's my reasoning: I have a non Wastegated ATS turbo and tow a big 5er.
If you hit the bottom of the hill at 3000 rpm, the truck will pull right up it.
But most of the hills around here seem to have a 35mph corner(s). My truck will maintain speed just fine on hills, but trying to gain speed going up them is a different story. With almost 18k pounds between truck and trailer, it pulls great from about 2500-3000; but if it drops below about 2500, you loose boost and the engine kind of falls on its face.
I already work the engine hard with this much weight, so I've got it in my head not to go over 3000rpm; maybe I just need to lean on it a lil harder...
we need to mod your turbo some.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also wish I knew for sure if the Sidewinder made for my 7.3 was done in California. All I could find out was that their main shop includes about one hundred employees.

During my working years I spent time along side craftsmen and women from Europe, Japan and the USA. NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, DOES IT BETTER THAN WE DO.

Think I'll give Banks a call on Monday, and see what they have to say.

The turbo is a Mitsubishi, made in japan. Likely the castings are made in US or MExico, the guy that helped ats design the 093 used to use the same foundry for his CAT turbo custom parts.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we need to mod your turbo some.

I agree...

But I'm gonna get my intercooler setup and see how that runs first. Once that isn't enough, I'll probably pull the engine, do head studs, work the turbo over, and upgrade the cam at the same time.

Wellused

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow,folks actually DO care about "Made in the USA"...thought I was out of date.