Hurricane Sandy My Experience

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear how the storm has really affected you. I work for a power company here, but the damage we had wasn't anything like you had down there. Have patience, in time things will get better. I wish you the best of luck.

84IDI-BERTHA

Reaction score
Hope all is well with you brother! I'm down here in DE (dover afb) but we made out better so I'm not complaining. Best of luck to you, keep your head up

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I am now officially homeless. The land lord was doing the repairs and the township stopped him. They want him to raise the building and I highly doubt he will do that as he is 70 and will probably be better off financially selling the place to a developer who will probably build unaffordable town houses as they did next to the apartments where I lived. That's the same thing they did in 1989 when Hovanian came in and built a huge complex of town houses, As they were being built the county used eminent domain to kick people out of their homes so they could have open space and made the properties into a park which is just a big open field where they only cut part of the grass and leave the rest to be way overgrown. They kicked the low income people out for people who had more wealth and could afford to spend over 400K on a town house. The town allows this because it brings in more tax revenue to them as the town houses are assessed a higher value as opposed to a persons small house and does not have much money.

Thanks for the well wishes guys and girls.

Last edited:

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that really sucks... its a shame the town is run like that. Hope you find yourself in a better situation soon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker