Hurricane Sandy My Experience

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we hsve a.few.fellow IDI owners here from New Jersey and wondering how they are after Sanfy left their lives. For me it has left me homeless. Five feet of water entered my apartment and destroyed all I own.

I now only have two pair of Jeans and two tshirts. On Saturday while others were preparing for the storm, I was working delivering diesel to huge generators so that businesses and hospitals could operate if and when the power went out. I worked 12 hours that day and when I was done I loaded Mt cats and Lola into my truck and dropprd them of at my sisters. Then I stooped at work again to do another delivery. By the time I arrived home it was 3am so I did not have any time to get things done that I should have. Being dedicated to my job cost new big time. I hope anyone in is not in the same situation I am in.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. We got a ton of snow up in the mountains, family in CT lost their home as well, the entire back half of it actually got torn off. BUT, things could always be worse so keep your chin up.

C.J.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles. It may not be evident now but, somehow, some way your good deeds will come back to you in a way that will make these troubles seem like nothing.

Stay positive. It's always darkest right before the dawn.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that, like others have said good karma is always returned

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
still havent heard from danielle yet, but so far it sounds like you got it the worst john. keep your head up, you will pull threw.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
sometimes life give a crappy hand that you have to play through. I am sorry to hear that John, I pray things will come back together for you.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compu Doc what can we do to help. I haven't got much but am willing to share or send some cash. Eason

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best wishes to you in these hard times... i do hope you had insurance to help recover and replace some of your belongings.. living in FL all my life i have been fortunate to not have any total losses from hurricane, water, or tornado damages, but i know many who lost everything during hurricane Andrew and other storms.. Keep your head up, you will pull through just as they did, and in 5 yrs this will just be a story in your life... again best of luck to you..

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I'm very sorry to hear that.

We will be praying for you and your family.

Heath

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But what about your truck? Said in jest to hopefully provide a little levity during bad times. Hoping you get through this bump in your road.

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Prayers for you and your family, keep your chin up. And keep us informed of progress.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Its times like now one needs to remember to praise god. Its easy to during times of ease. More important to during harder times.
I'll be praying for you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08