My lonely dark trail

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On day shift this time of year, I drive to work in the dark, and I drove home in the dark.

2 days ago coming past “Double RL” Ranch (one of Ralph Lauren’s Tax Evasion strategies) I dang near plowed a big-bodied 4-point Muley deer. Had to come to a complete stop. :shocked:

A year ago I worked with Daniel Stern lighting to get better and SAFE lighting. He complimented VW Passat’s factory lighting. I got new OEM housings and 65w bulbs to replace the factory installed 55w’s. Housings and bulbs came from Germany.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH :frustrate STOP the procrastination:idiot:

Well at first I was wet sanding the original housings and then remembered cookoo so it turned to this

You must be registered for see images attach

And the comparison....(old is wet sanded with 600)

And how I left it last night. The passenger side is how bad my housings were.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original bulbs were OSRAM H7’s in 55w flavor. The new ones in 65w flavor.....

Mr Stern made mention that the increased wattage would be fine with factory wiring. But time will tell.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And fixing previous owners doing’s....

Not done as I will prolly use some wire to reinforce it. Unfortunately I cannot from the back side as it lays flat on the bumper cover.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And fixing previous owners doing’s....

Not done as I will prolly use some wire to reinforce it. Unfortunately I cannot from the back side as it lays flat on the bumper cover.
Put some drywall screws in it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that sounds like it was a big deer. Your little car would only clip it's legs and it's meat would be fine. You could have bled it and disemboweled it on the road, thrown it in the trunk and finished up when you got home. Bringing home the beef.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that sounds like it was a big deer. Your little car would only clip it's legs and it's meat would be fine. You could have bled it and disemboweled it on the road, thrown it in the trunk and finished up when you got home. Bringing home the beef.
Probably wouldn't have had to throw it in the trunk, would have probably already been in the front seat. That's part of the reason I don't like driving a car.

James

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't have had to throw it in the trunk, would have probably already been in the front seat. That's part of the reason I don't like driving a car.

James
Since he has decent headlights he should have been able to tactfully hit it so as to cripple it, then it could have bled out well since the heart was pumping. No need to get the interior dirty.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@rreegg I’m a big fan of the E600. My old 2003 ALH Jetta wagon lost its passenger mirror. Somehow did not break, and E6000 held it on for another 3 years before I sold it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86