Huge 6.9 Problems

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ok here is one more. You can get it for around 1k take rad, engine and everything you need from it and sell the rest and get some of your money back getting you back to 1k.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
beretzs said:
Okay, I went down and looked at the block, but the heads are not part of the deal. So, that being that. I cannot afford a set of heads and stay within my $1000 price range. As sorry as I am to say it, it is going to have to go. I have had someone offer me about the price of a Banks Turbo for the truck. So, not what I am exactly looking for, but within reason for a non-running truck. I know alot of you are saying fix it. BUT, I am looking at buying a house when I get to NC and that money could be used towards paying down some debt and other stuff. That engine could be put together fine, but who knows if a lifter goes out, anything, there are just oo many variables right now, unless the engine fairy dropped a running engine on my dorrestep for 500, so the chances of that happening are pretty slim. I owe you guys alot and if know of anybosy that wants a solid truck with a turbo, GV, Propane, and some other stuff on it, lemme know. Right now the wife is not having any talks about money, she wants a house, and really so do I. The truck needs a good home. Talk to me fellers. The truck still runs, not great, but I can drive it, just gotta keep checking on the coolant. Scotty

I happen to have 2 sets of heads sitting on my bench. I did'nt have either of them magna fluxed. But neither sets leaked.

1 set is the originals off my 85. I noticed no performance improvement, or decrease in oil consumption, with the new heads. Soo, I'd think they were in pretty good shape still. I cleaned them up and installed new oil seals.

The other set, I had on my truck for about a month. I thought there was something wrong with them, but when I put another set of rebuilds on, I found that my IP gear was off 1 tooth. Soo, these heads are prolly OK too. There's a coupla new valves in them and supposedly new guides.

$150 a pair? Your choice?

Here's a set of head gaskets. 20 hrs on the auction.

Last edited:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll see guys, I am stretching a little thin right now, still kinda disheartened over the whole deal. Plus, the motor is Gary's truck is torn down to the block, but still attacthed to the tranny in the truck. Cylinders look OK, not a spring chicken but no scratches or anything. This week, we shall see. I should be getting my taxes BACK this week, so if I have it by this week, anything is possible, but this second I am not ready. That truck EZ sent me would be perfect, it is just up the road, but I am sure it will be gone by the time the money comes in. Scotty

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I just Hate to see you take a soaking on your truck. It's one of the nicer old Fords on the road. A banks turbo is about $2500. Your truck, even not running, has GOT to be worth at least $4K.
Heck, the turbo and gear vendors must have cost at least $4K installed?!!!

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo was 2500, I installed that, and the GV was 2700 or so installed. Propane was 1000 with the tank, DPS IP and Injectors 600 or so.. I know it is worth more, but to who. There is more than just those, but they are some of the major ones. That is the question. Scotty

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Scotty, I've got a new Aotozone rebuilt water pump and a new rebuilt Fan clutch sitting in my garage. If you want them, there are yours free, just tell me if you need them and I'll ship them off to you. That'll be about $200 less you'll hafta put out for your engine. Come on guys, let's all pony up for our BOOB Brother. OkieGringo

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scotty-
I have two rebuildable 6.9's. the heads are questionable, but the blocks are good. Dave85 is headed south again next weekend, I can prep a block here and put it on a pallet for dave to bring down. If you are getting heads, the solution would be ideal. also, I can put on a 7.3 oil cooler assy which has the improved o-rings compared to the 6.9. Have to check with dave on his departure date.
BTW...for the rest of the local guys, if you want to help get this block done, I won't say no to the help :D

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me figure out how much everything is going to cost and then I will be able to give you a better answer. Should have figured it out by the end of the day. Cost is a huge factor on this. The wife is fighting me pretty hard right now with the truck. Kinda running into a wall right now, since someone offered me some money for the truck as is. It is money in our pocket, instead of money coming out of our pockets. Scotty

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Ok Scotty, I know how "Management" can get even when it's not "that time of the month":backoff . But you'd better get yerself another FORD oilburner after ya gits to NC. In Mexico, when you marry a woman, she comes with a BIG family. In the US, she comes with a friggin' lawyer. I'm not sure which is worse?-cuss OkieGringo

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Scotty,
if it helps any, housing here in NC is a buyers market and you can get alot for your money. and a truck like you have cost more here, so the wife should let you spend the money to fix the truck to keep it on the road!! :Sly :thumbsup:

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Scotty,

take your pretty wife to the nearest Ford stealership and show her what a comparable truck will cost new and even show her some from 2000 to 2003 so she can see $1000 now or $25K+ when you get to NC. You know what that truck is with a good motor in it and our poor wives, gotta love 'em, just don't get it sometimes. Men and women look at all of this differently and if it were my wife I'd have to insist on fixing the old truck for a lot less then replacing it. Or... I would say"look Sweetcheeks, if I sell this truck, I'm spending $20K when we get moved on a replacement and that means no shoppping or new shoes." Not that my wife really spends any money but you get the drift. You have to do what you think is right, Scotty. I just hope it works out so you and your bride are happy. What about just taking the truck with you and figure out what to do when you get there or pick up all those great parts on the way? Just trying to brainstorm. I know, I know, all I did is make it rain! cookoo :rotflmao

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
troutwest66 said:
Scotty,

What about just taking the truck with you and figure out what to do when you get there or pick up all those great parts on the way? Just trying to brainstorm. I know, I know, all I did is make it rain! cookoo :rotflmao

:thumbsup:

Scotty, I have a few feelers out around here for parts/engine etc...and Mel makes a good point :eek: :D

If feasable...mebee some of the good souls that have been posting could arrange to get the harvested parts to a location along your route.....you collect them and then deal with the re-birth of your truck once here in NC!

This just a thought .....I'm having a pig pickin' April 8th....and have a few interested in attending.
Wonder if they wouldn't mind if we turned it into a "Get Scotty running" party :D
I'm kinda on the way ;Sweet

What you guys say............

Or if that date doesn't work, I'm sure that I could give a weekend of help at your new place.......provided that you don't mind a "Darksider" in your driveway LOL :D

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
I used www.radiator.com free overnight shipping and cheeper than anyone local. The auto hobby shop will have a cylinder hone if your doing it on base

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I went thru their online price guide. $299

"If feasable...mebee some of the good souls that have been posting could arrange to get the harvested parts to a location along your route.....you collect them and then deal with the re-birth of your truck once here in NC!"

There's another good option. Heck, having it shipped across the country, would be cheaper than the bath you'd take selling it?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Scotty.... I'll ship the water pump and return line kit free to your new home plus maybe you will have a fine truck once again when you are relocated. As said in an earlier post. My few parts are still free and shipping your truck wont cost much. Time will tell.... Most here are really trying to help but you have to make the best choice. When I got married 35 plus years ago my dad told me I could be right or happy in our marriage... What do you want to be son??? So, I've been happy now for years... :drunk:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online