how to make the odometer work by applying 12 volts?

discbrks

Reaction score
I have a parts truck that I'm sellg the turbo system on (see the Marketplace). But I've had a few questions from interested parties on the mileage on the system. The probelm is that the dash & steering column are missing, so I can't turn on the key. I do, however, have the instrument cluster. Is there a way to apply 12 volts so that the odometer will display? I guess I could plug it into my truck, but I really don't want to have to tear apart mine in order to get the mileage.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverse feed 12 volts into the system at the IP. Unplug the FSS and connect a wire from the positive post of one of the batteries to this connector. That will reverse feed everything that is Key On.

discbrks

Reaction score
that makes sense... so I need to actually hook up one battery so that I have a ground, right?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. All that assumes you still have the battery and the rest of the wiring intact.

discbrks

Reaction score
the batt cables are there, the starter is gone, the dash harness is there, but no dash. What's the worst that can happen.... it catch on fire?!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Na that can't happen. There are a few fusable links in the way. Just mind that starter cable....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle