how much ?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
am looking at putting a 12 valve cummins in my 94 f250 and was wandering what would be a good price to pay for a used one with 100,000 to 150,000 miles on it? and what should i look out for when i go to buy one? thank you any suggestion are appreciated

the motor will be a 94 to 98 by the way

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I don't know about price but things to check for is a short list.

Check to see if the KDP (Killer Dowel Pin) has been taken care of if not do it before dropping her in - it's actually a pretty easy fix.

Another thing would be to install a 3 piece exhaust manifold before dropping her in - this will allow the heating and cooling cycles of the exhaust man to not effect the head. They can peel the head up on the ends causing you to have to replace the head gasket.

Other than that there really isn't much else to be real concerned with other than if you want to turn the power up - which can all be done after she's at home in the truck without much trouble.

Which changing the exhaust man isn't hard even in the engine bay.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks i will check into the 3 piece manifold and the kdp i will definately be turning up the power once it is in the truck and settled a month or so

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know how much these engines are but i found one with 202000 with all the accesories and intercooler for $2300 is that a decent price or way to much?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well found one a 94 with 200,000 on it for $2000 with everything on it still goin to pick it up in 2 weeks from demoines iowa

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Seems about right I guess since you found two of them in that price range. The 200k miles wouldn't scare me a bit that is when a lot of guys start turning them up on power. I have 280K on mine and the engine purrs like a kitten.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats good to hear i am gettin it off a guy who joined the army and got shipped out he hasnt seen his truck for 3 years but it starts and runs fine and has had oil changed every 2500 miles so i am not to worried about it

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well picked up the engine yesterday for $1300 was wanderin how to get the torque converter off there dosent seem to be any room to get a wrench or anything on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online