how much power

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94 7.3 n/a with a banks kit now. intake and exhaust as well. how much power is it makin?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About 500 to the rear wheels.........

Just kidding you... Your hopefully making around 195 to the rear wheels. These are not high hp engines no matter what you have read anywhere. If you can get 200 + at the wheels your doing great. My guess and its based on nothing scientific is this... With porting... Milled pistons... Block decked and crank line bored. A Moose pump and BB code injectors matched for pop pressure you may see 240 at the wheels. Now you can add some things... An intercooler.. Water methonel injection which is just window washer fluid... Maybe propane... You might see somewhere around 280 at the wheels.... Studs are a requirement and ceramic coating the pistons is very good insurance too. Then you can finally add the typ4 cam for lots of low end torque... I understand it pulls al the way thru the rpm range. Most here will not try to take these engines this far... Some think they can.... Time and money will tell....

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinkin of just throwin on the moose pump if i could. if i can crank out 200 ill be happy.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait you have the Banks Turbo or the Banks intake (stinger) kit? With the Banks Turbo you're anywhere from 165-195 RwHP depending on the dyno and fuel settins. N/A with the Banks Stinger about 140-150. The torque numers would be slightly more impressive. Most verified HP was a couple of runs with Darrin Tosh's Big Ed right before the Cummins conversion with a 7.3 IDI+ Banks non gated kit and 204 HP and change with Hesutton and a Banks Turbo, Moose Misters, Moose Pump. I'd like to see a dyno run for Icanfixall's truck, it sounds like a real powerhouse for an IDI and I also know NMB2's truck is a powerhouse. No dyno #s on these trucks or any of Mel's IDIs. I can't say much as I have yet to subject mine to the dyno. I'd be pleased with mine if I were at 165-170 and tickled if it were close to 200. That's with BB injectors (not matched) a stock 7.3 pump turned up 3 flats, and an ATS non gated turbo, Hypermax cowl induction, S&B filter.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its got the banks turbo kit, some kind of an intake idk which and a 4 inch exhaust.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never got the truck. still on the hunt for a ford. 300ci i-6 f150 is what im lookin at next week. really nice truck, any thoughts on that?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Read further down though :
"Results of a truck equipped with Moose Mister injectors. No intercooler, #2 only, courtesy of Heath Sutton
With a Moose Pump - 204.75HP and 461.59lb/ft torque"

130 ft/lb difference is pretty significant ;Really

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah,but he didn't mention it having any moose products.i think he just wants a ball park figure of what the typical turbo idi puts out is all.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wanted to do the moose pump. let me see where im at in a few weeks. hopefully ill have an IDI if i can find one in ct lol, or a 460 with a plow, or a 300ci. i dont know yet but those 3 are on the horizon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin