How much are Alcoa's worth?

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About how much should I pay for a set of clean used Alcoa's from a '96 truck? They include the center caps, but the front caps won't work because the 4wd hub sticks out too far. Also, does anyone know a source for new auto locking hub covers - mine are all corroded. I don't want to have to buy the whole hub mechanism - just the cover that is held on by the torx screws. Thanks!

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I know they ain't cheap. maybe you could cut the very end off the front caps, then they would go over the hubs. I've heard lotsa stories about them auto hubs (none good). Don't know what it would take or how much it would be (or if you just don't want to get out in the snow) to put in manual hubs. I have them on both trucks and I just keep them locked . I unlock them every once in a while just because, but I haven't had any problems so far. Looks like you're right around the corner from me. You going to the rally? It's north by Marengo

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have done just that - I cut the front off with a hole saw and the caps fit right over. They look great except for the crummy looking auto locking hub covers. They're all corroded and nasty-looking. I LOVE the auto-lockers. I have had both autos and manuals, and they both have worked just fine. I understand that the manuals are more robust, but it sure is nice not having to get out of the truck to lock them in. I snow plow a lot with my truck. On my old 85 F-250 HD I kept them locked most of the time too. But you have a lot of mass spinning around don't you? --Andy