How do you name your truck?

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Well I really never had any names for my trucks, but I did just get the 94 today and Amber said we should name this one, and Georgia Came out of her mouth. She said that because thats where it came from. I know not a big story but apparently thats how she got her name.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well mines got a few with good stories
the beast well i saw it sitting on the side of the road with an 18k trailer on a pintle hitch and ever since its been a beast i torn down a house, towed a chevota, many long trips, and lots of mudding where jeeps couldnt go and it still holds up the most recent was a collission with a 06 mazda mpv 8 inch gouge from the brushgaurd in the mpv's side i got a dented hood and grill cause the brushgaurd moved
its also got big red cause its big and red
and virus cause thats mycb call sign i use

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
My trucks name is tow rig or ferd. My toyota's name is toyota or wheeler. Why? Because that's what they are and naming rigs went out in the 80's with 3 cans of aqua net hair and leopard print spandex under your torn levi's.... LOL

No offense to those who wanna name theirs, but x2 WT. And I like your wife's flames too.

Regards,

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's named "White Ford". I have another truck named "Orange Chevy".
I also had a dog named "brown dog" and currently my kids have a cat named "gray cat."
I am sure someone with too much time on their hands will psychoanalyze this thread for hours. When you do.... and you know who you are.... please tell me whats wrong with me.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's named "White Ford". I have another truck named "Orange Chevy".
I also had a dog named "brown dog" and currently my kids have a cat named "gray cat."
I am sure someone with too much time on their hands will psychoanalyze this thread for hours. When you do.... and you know who you are.... please tell me whats wrong with me.

As a kid I had a Collie dog that was named Collie - I don't see anything wrong here. And my 4 yr old grand daughter has a gray cat named gray kitty.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
The ford doesn't have a name.

The '53 Dodge is called Sanford because it's from the same era as the Sanford and Son truck. It's in the same condition too.

We did have a potbelly pig named pig though.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Crop duster. In HS my buddies would ride with me for lunch. I would purposly smoke the kids who where walking. Since I lived in a farming town, it became known as the crop duster.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines Mulo Grande (big mule). Had a Jeep Comanche we called Mulo Chico (little mule) because it hauled a trailer and supplies (5000#) to Mexico on a missions trip in '92 w/o even a hiccup. When the IDI came along we weren't sure but it sure fits. Same attitude once it gets going it just wants to keep going (just like me, so that's my moniker too.)

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
My neighbor calls my van "the boat", she says because it's so big and tall (8'), the guys at NAPA call it "Ghostbuster" because is the same at the movie they say. Our farm truck is "The Bull" because the big bull's horns I put on the hood. My wife hates both because she says everybody look at us when we go to town.
Burt, a Florida *******.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
They all just come to me.only one vehicle I never named.My original.1981 Chevy silverado SWB 350/350 that had more health issues than a $5 ******.But White Lightning got it's name cause well it is white and the pinstrip on the side has a lightning style zigzag.Enterprise was already named.The ranger was named after Captian Picards personal shuttle craft on the NCC1701D,Martyr Machine was cause I bought it right after 9/11 and and wanted to and still do today want to make all in that religion Martyrs.Messiah was originally going to be called Allah just to tick off muslims but decided Messiah was a better fit since it saved us on the trip to pick up the gaggle of deece,Never gives up,and gave it's life to get me safely home(and will be resurected!).Had the Millenium Falcon cause it was a 2000 model and wanted to play on the Sci Fi geekdom over here on OB...Then my race car is Patriot missile cause it was originally White with Blue and red lettering and a big american flag on the hood.My late 1983 F150 was Rust Rocket cause it was from New York and was as solid as a bucket of legos.Gone postal is my postal jeep.Rolling Violation is my GMC General after a buddy said he was lucky that cop didn't drive by 5 minutes earlier and see him driving my rolling Violation down the street.The **** was my 199something Tempo.Check the gas fill the tranny type deal.My M52 is currently named Rubber Duck after the movie convoy but that name is more than likely to change when I get it home and start working on it.My 1990 Cavalier Z24 was just named the Zeeker(Z Car).I had my own version of The Brick.Was a 1988 4x4 F150 with a 300 I6.Then Lock Jaw was my M543A2 that I sent to the scrap yard earlier this year cause it was worst off than the rust rocket,Enterprise,and Rubber duck combined.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I admit that it's a bit cheesy, but with as much time and money I've put into it I felt that the truck deserved an inspiring name. Its namesake is an evil unstoppable wolf-headed fire-breathing battering ram. Not exactly accurate but it gives me something to aspire to.

I don't think a truck HAS to have a name, but I've always felt that they have more personality than a car...although, I've had a few old cars that definitely had minds of their own. My old 280ZX was The Scalded Ape (named by the PO, an accurate description of how it ran). I think any vehicle less than 10 years old has no soul...it takes years of adventure and heartache (and occasional joy) to develop one. Call it the Ghost in the Machine or whatever, but a complicated piece of machinery can have a kind of emergent consciousness.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Once you figure out your vehicle's personification, finding an appropriate name is easy. My truck is white and has over 325K miles so her name is Ol' Bessie (the cow). My Mercedes is green and slow so he's Yurtle (the turtle).

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Stormtrooper, because it is mostly white and belongs to the Darkside. Also because it replaced my 2wd IDI when it got stuck one to many times.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
mine used to be simple, the flatbed. but now it isnt a flatbed anymore. so far is have been called noise, the mutt, the beast, the ford, or just my big truck. since i got the gmc too, and thats the little truck.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
After talking to my wife and daughter about what name they would like to give to our cargo/custom van it was voted to name her "Enterprise". My daughter said it has some resemblance to the shuttle. It has the windows at the front and side doors and the big body and raised roof. The seats inside are arranged in a similar way to some of the shuttle also. I'll post some pictures soon, if I can learn how to do it.
My wife can not care less about it, she is not happy to ride in any of my trucks. My daughter and her call the farm truck "The rust bucket". They hate the horns and the whole beat up, rusty, full of holes appearance but I just love it that way. It goes with my personality.:backoff
Burt, a bitterclinger Florida *******.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online