How do you name your truck?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with mell mt truck has a mind of its own and it has proved it when i hit the mazda it said stop right here and that mazda swiped me i think it just didnt like forien cars and was jealous forme driving a yota around for a little whille it sat when i break down its always a safe place ex. in a 50 ft gap in a 2 mile line of guide rail
if i cant afford fuel it happens to get slightly better mpg and lasts till i have money

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I call it the silver ghost because it disappeared one day, then reappeared 6 weeks later. Also bought it from a widow.

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The IDI's name is Frankie (short for Frankenstein) because so far it's been built out of 2 trucks. The 89 is "sweete" or "sweatheart" because you have to massage her ego just a bit. And yes, trucks have personalities.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call it the silver ghost because it disappeared one day, then reappeared 6 weeks later. Also bought it from a widow.

Should have named it Christine. ;Really Did you check the obits for that time frame? :eek:

You must be registered for see images

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
mine just got a new name tonight. after pulling out a stuck truck without even coming up off idle. new name is the tractor.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
You can never name a vehicle, sometimes they name themselves, sometimes they don't! My Peugeot got the name "the turtle" from the tortise and the haire, sure, she's slow, but she always get you there fuel (economy) ahead of anything else on the road! That wins the race in my book.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Well, I probably thought this one through too much when I did it, but Henry Ford's concept was that a vehicle should be affordable to the masses, dependable, adaptable, strong and utilitarian. Not necessarily pretty... So "Henry" was obviously named in honor of the man himself because I felt he embodied those virtues in spades...

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I named everything I drive because they all meant something to me, they were always worth me spending extra time with doing whatever, and I never kept anything that was neither dependable or couldn't be made dependable. So, my 73 F100 was "Maggie" (after the nickname a high school girlfriend used to use when calling me out of class since she went to a different HS and actually called the office to pull me out of class to teas me), my 82 Pontiac Grand Prix was "Opus" (because it was my first diesel and it is also the name of a penguin in an old comic strip I love. The damn engine never gave me any issues by the way, I just did a stupid thing and gave it to my youngest brother when he turned 16. He never even thanked me for it, just trashed the damn thing), my 89 GMC K1500 is "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" because of an album that came out just before the truck was made, my 82 Burb is The Battle Beast, and the 86 Ford 250 is just "The Blue Beast" for obvious reason. Oh yeah, when I bought my 69 GMC 3/4 ton in '06 my niece Ashley fell in love with it and since it was blue it was called "Ashley Blue" by my grandma and the name stuck.

And since my vehicles tend to stick around longer than any woman I always gave them more attention, which may explain why the women didn't stick around...

My Harley was named "Lexie" after a gal I was "acquainted with" once. I can't go any further into that.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
"The Logger" came from Oregon. Spent the first 17 yrs of its life as a logging truck. I have had a chainsaw since I was 12, so Logger fits well.:sly

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first chainsaw was a Sachs Dalmar. The damn thing still runs, and better than my newer Husqvarna. They lost quality

RedTruck

Reaction score
Nancy...

She doesn't look like much, but once you take her for a ride you're in love :love: