dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
post edited due to personal attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
whoa Whoa WHOA people!!!! calm down, no need for bringing each other down....we're supposed to be one big happy family here :cheers:

I for one like black smoke, to a point. Once and a while is fine with me, but there's a point where too much is too much. And I'm sure that the EPA will eventually get on our poor small diesel truck arses because of all the tree-huggin hippies out there......its only a matter of time :smoke:

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I don't think that Kali can implement a law that includes all 50 states and if that is for only trucks that come into there. Then all they will do is screw themselves for receiving goods. If that actually happens. Then it will setup guys with new trucks in businesses that will take your trailer into Kali and unload and reload and bring back for an unbelieveable amount of money. And that will be the beginning of the end for the amount of goods that Kali requires to survive to ever make it into the state. And that has to be the absolutely most stupid law that could ever be enacted. The EPA and Kali need to get their noses out of everyone else's business and the gov't should focus on the things that are actually gonna make some sort of difference in the world...... Just my $.02....

And besides.... I wouldn't take a truck into Kali for all the money in the world. New or old..... I will just stay in my little world here in Indiana within a 300 mile radius or less... I hope that you are wrong Calvin that I won't have to even hear that it is going to try and be made law out there and then enforced.

02AutoWag

Reaction score
I don't think that Kali can implement a law that includes all 50 states and if that is for only trucks that come into there. Then all they will do is screw themselves for receiving goods. If that actually happens. Then it will setup guys with new trucks in businesses that will take your trailer into Kali and unload and reload and bring back for an unbelieveable amount of money. And that will be the beginning of the end for the amount of goods that Kali requires to survive to ever make it into the state. And that has to be the absolutely most stupid law that could ever be enacted. The EPA and Kali need to get their noses out of everyone else's business and the gov't should focus on the things that are actually gonna make some sort of difference in the world...... Just my $.02....

And besides.... I wouldn't take a truck into Kali for all the money in the world. New or old..... I will just stay in my little world here in Indiana within a 300 mile radius or less... I hope that you are wrong Calvin that I won't have to even hear that it is going to try and be made law out there and then enforced.

I think you can still run your trucks into CA. It's those outfits that call CA home (i.e. register their trucks here) that will have to conform...at an estimated cost of $10,000 per truck (NOx scrubbers and particulate filter add-ons). The guy I spoke to said there were many financial studies done prior to making the decision. The findings were that the cost to truckers was less than the cost to healthcare...therefore, proceed with changing the heavy truck diesel regulations.

One of the intentions was to get those older rigs off the CA roads. The market for OTR trucks (pre-2007, I think) from California will be large. It'll be prime pickings for neighboring states to buy at a discount I'm thinking. The old ones will likely be sold out of state, rebuilt, and put back on the road somewhere else. The newer ones will likely get the $10K treatment...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ike-
read up.
they did.
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/documents/truckruleoverview.pdf

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
the truck runs like any with a turbo.
jam on the skinny pedal from a stop and it'll smoke... no new ground there.

I do love people with cat and cummins stickers on an international tho.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
bkack smoke is every ones personal oppinion, i like it other people may not, and i aplogize to the moderators and every one else for blowing up and saying some of the things i did, i should have just let it go, we all should be one big happy family lol, we all love these old truck they were the best things ever inventedLOL, so we should be able to costomise and enjoy them any way we want to cause we payed for them so if you want it to smoke black(and so do i) let it roll:peelout

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for being considered a "personal attacker". sorry dyoung14.... much appology to you... sincerely!!!! i love black, billowing clouds of smoke!!! when i first turned up my IDI turbo, that was the intent... but found the error of my ways... melted 8 pistons at a 1/4 mile track east of cleveland, oh running against my buddy's built up MACH I mustang... i put on a great smoke show, but it hit me deep in the pockets since it was my daily driver... it is turned up the same, but... I keep it "out of the smoke"... it gets me an affordable 20mpg on the highway and 65mph (3.73 ratio), but if i really stab it, it will smoke out my edge juice-additude'ed 7.3L and my stock 6.0L... also it will hang with my other buddy's 07 mustang GT... on the road... kinda un fair since his peak is at like 5 grand and mines at like 2250... but smoke is good at some points... a couple of my friends love smoke at all times... they are *** apart freaks... even at idle, their p7100's make smoke. around town it get annouying and gets them tickets. i love to reath with feeling like im smoking again.... smoke prevents that in the long run... just keep it minimal... i like my fuel prices low (right now, 2.14 per gallon)... since smoke is like money thrown out the window, it jacks up fuel prices. most of us cant pay high prices... it not only hurts JOEs that drive them but it hurt businesses... i work for Detroit Diesel... my distributor already killed 1 shift per branch and completely closed 1 of 7... it hurts everybody. have a heart for the mechanic... he doesnt have a say in what the dealer charges... he just works his butt off for his family for lower than 1/4 of what they charge... ive had my say... i didnt mean to down smoke... it natural for a diesel... take an old two-stroke DDC... they are THE BEST engine ever made, and they brought on the emmissions standards for diesels in the beginning... a 12V71 turbo (852 cubic inches) will run like its unloaded with 200,000 lbs behind it... but let the smoke roll... sorry everybody...

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
aw cute everyone made up.....

Lets get back to bickering and arguing about who killed who.....lol

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
The hell of it is, all this black smoke IS going to get us some EPA restrictions.

Just look at who Barrack is surrounding himself with.

NJ's Lisa Jackson (enviro ****), commissioner of New Jersey's Department of Environmental Protection, to head the EPA. And,possibly raising the EPA to Cabinet Level status.
His appointee to lead his White House Council on Environmental Equality is Nancy Sutley(another Enviro ****) Previously the deputy mayor of Energy and the Environment for Los Angeles.

Keep blowin Your smoke shows. Just don't ***** in 2 years when they shut yer ***'s down!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
i seriously thought that smoke was great till i saw my mileage now i smoke when a ricer wants to run and when a tailgater is on my ass but even if no local laws are in place on emissions i have had a cop say he could give me a disturbing the peace ticket or some other ticket that basically meant that i was inhibiting the other drivers view for smoke. and my brother has almost had his truck impounded by the epa because he was blasting smoke on someone that works for them. So there may not be any local laws but the epa is nationwide. but then again in the end rules were made to be broken but we all pay the cost

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too riled up. Our trucks are 15 years old and older. Most new laws will not apply to them, because they realize the percentage of the population that has such vehicles is small, and dwindles significantly every year. Even when they inacted emissions laws for gassers in PA, you only had to spend a maximum of $300 to try and bring a car over 10 years old into compliance. Basically, they just made it so that you'd have to spend $300 every year to keep your old car. That's still less than the cost of registration in some states. I could live with that. Wouldn't like it, but it aint gonna kill me. There will always have to be a provision for classic and custom cars. They don't want to get new laws tied up by class action law suits from the ACLU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726