How do i do this

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
you need more fuel to make more smoke, but more fuel dont help you power wise it just makes black smoke and heat, you can over fuel it and melt you pistons, but put more fuel+ more air and that equals more power;Really, and you will get plenty of smoke to

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
It easy. Waste alot of money on tires, wheels and lift. Then put all that on a rusty old truck and post pics online. It should come pretty easy. Oh yeah, and dont forget to screw the rest of us by having the IP turned up and blowing black smoke all over for no reason.

Thats just one way......lol

I am by no way a hippie!!! I really think its dumb for that to be the goal of having a diesel.....

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i love my black smoke nut i pay for it every time i stick my foot into it just to feel the power and blow smoke on peopl:D:eek: but right now diesel is cheap so i will not turn my pump down cause i dont want to loose power and gain a few mpgs cause i hate being a slug. lol

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With no load my truck only smokes below 1600 rpms in overdrive, could never make it smoke like this one. Of course I never really tried too hard either, I like my 20mpg thank you very much. And this smoke is nothing, not really wasting fuel either as while he's cruising or even plowing he still ain't overfueling - you should see some of them Cummins and D-max boys, you can almost count the gallons of fuel they dump down the exhaust pipes per minute...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
mine gets about 16-18 if i drive nice and dont get over 45 after that my milege starts to drop. but i can get black smoke anytime i want it just got to push a little farther in my smoke pedal and deeeper in my wallet:thumbsup:;Sweet

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Black smoke on the excessive side is just unburnt flue and your kind of wasting your time and money in some ways its no different from a gasser. a true hot complete burn should have next to no smoke. That is were you have your best power. I have seen pro trucks with diesel engines pumping out tons of power with no smoke. For example check out the u tube vid. This is a properly tuned engine.

Notice when he 1st gets on the throttle you get tons of black smoke thats because hes dumping a ton of fuel in at a low rpm and low boost. now notice how it clears up even tho the engine is under full load that is because the turbos have spooled up and are working to ther fullest compacity. Pumping tons of air in the cylinders. not the air/fuel mix is correct and and the mixture is burning *complete* and you getting the most out of your fuel. *continues* tons of black smoke looks cool but it also shows ignorance on engine tuning

vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqG6CXPEhWw

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
You do know that that black smoke is unburned fuel? Just like dollars flying out of Your tailpipe? And it's like a time bomb, without a Pyro.

Another thing. Your black smoke show is just accelerating the possibility of MORE EPA restrictions on these older trucks. If You run around doing smoke shows, it gives the public a very bad impression of diesel pickups. When it comes time for them to vote on things, they remember the day they saw an old Ford truck spewing that obnoxious black cloud.

I, for one, am not looking forward to putting DPF's on My trucks. Especially if it because of Peeps who think they look cool. When, in reality they are making all of these older rigs look bad.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yah, there's that "minor" detail about the EPA, too. I'm actually a bit annoyed with my engine, not because in only makes smoke under 1600 in OD, but because it makes it with no load - then again that's where my largest rpm drop is, so I'd imagine for a bit the gearing itself puts a bit more load on the engine at a bit too low of an engine speed. I've noticed that when I use my converter as a gear splitter and I'm staying above 1800 rpms the exhaust is clear as day.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the EPA forcing us to add DPF's on our old trucks. There is no way that will happen. It goes right up there with the DOT ever forcing all OTR trucks to have the little black box. That can't happen either because it will put hundreds of thousands of trucks off the road instantly. And they can't be replaced easily enough and quick enough with newer equipment to keep from causing major problems with the delivery of goods in this country. Of course - who knows what is gonna happen with the new rejime that is in the white house now. Sit back and hang on....

My old 6.9 blows some smoke and so does the 7.3 IDI. And I can make the PSD smoke if I want. And the big truck will blow coal when I decide too. And it runs like a stripped butted ape and gets around 6.7-7.4 mpg yet. Of course it has 3 stacked chips at about 675hp too.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the EPA forcing us to add DPF's on our old trucks. There is no way that will happen. It goes right up there with the DOT ever forcing all OTR trucks to have the little black box. That can't happen either because it will put hundreds of thousands of trucks off the road instantly. And they can't be replaced easily enough and quick enough with newer equipment to keep from causing major problems with the delivery of goods in this country. Of course - who knows what is gonna happen with the new rejime that is in the white house now. Sit back and hang on....

My old 6.9 blows some smoke and so does the 7.3 IDI. And I can make the PSD smoke if I want. And the big truck will blow coal when I decide too. And it runs like a stripped butted ape and gets around 6.7-7.4 mpg yet. Of course it has 3 stacked chips at about 675hp too.
you're going to be eating those words real soon. better check out what kali is putting in place in 2010. OTR is flat screwed. anything over 14k gvw will fall under those regs.

02AutoWag

Reaction score
you're going to be eating those words real soon. better check out what kali is putting in place in 2010. OTR is flat screwed. anything over 14k gvw will fall under those regs.
Is it 2010 or 2011? I just spoke to a guy yesterday who is in the regulatory agency responsible for this. Maybe it was the beer that we were consuming, but I thought it was 2011...no matter, it's still bad news for all those OTR outfits.

Just for clarification on my part... The F350 SRW CC is less than 14K, correct?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
thers no epa or emission crap were i live so i dont care what they do i will smoke all over every body as mutch as i want

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it 2010 or 2011? I just spoke to a guy yesterday who is in the regulatory agency responsible for this. Maybe it was the beer that we were consuming, but I thought it was 2011...no matter, it's still bad news for all those OTR outfits.

Just for clarification on my part... The F350 SRW CC is less than 14K, correct?
russ-
2010. implementation at tier 1 by 2012. complete by 2017.
your f350 CC is 10k gross. no worries.....yet.
passenger diesels are not regulated yet, but it will be coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online