HOW DID FORD SECURE THEIR CAB-SIDE EMBLEMS to the BODY??

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends,

I've found a NOS "Lariat" emblem for the one on my cab that's missing on the 1986..

It has two pins on the back but no obvious (at least to me) method of securing it to the side of the Super-cab.
(I'm considering something like "liquid nails" but am not at all sure if that's a good idea.)

You advice is solicited.

yours, satx

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use 3m double sided automotive mounting tape. Pins are for location only.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
laserjock,

THANKS, Partner. ======> ORDERED.
(I'm going to get the '86 returned to factory stock, yet.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old trucks used a little rectangle of tin with a small hole in the middle and 2 c shaped reliefs to grip the pin.

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clb,

I suspected that that might be the case. - That technique however I won't even try, as I would have to remove about half of the Super-Cab's interior appointments to do it that way.

As I said above, I'm going to try the double-sided tape to hold the little emblem on.

THANKS, satx

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks... Been decades since I worked with the body shop.
I like the glue and pal nuts idea.

Stacx
What no take the whole truck cab off to get to the rear head bolts for you?-cuss
Another engineering crowning moment!

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
On my 86 when I debadged it all emblems had a rubber glue on it I'm not so sure double sided tape is the best thing I haven't had very good luck with it in the past. Interested to see how it works for you guys.
If you go to AutoZone they have the emblem glue as they call it. I like the debadged look for myself so never really worried about it. :dunno

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the 3M double sided tape.
You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double sided tape. There is nothing like the tape used for laying carpet (joining the edges together). once you stick something together it's all Hell to get it off. It's expensive for a 25 ft roll. If you know a carpet installer, just get a small piece from them. It's 4" wide. That's what I use. I know a carpet installer uses a hot iron to melt the glue on it, but it's not necessary.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
The parts stores sell what was basically used from the factory. Emblems were backed from the factory with a die-cut foam, double adhesive backing. Always remove the old dry foam adhesive before applying new stuff. Autozone sells a roll that's the perfect width for our trim badges (under the F-***). You'd just have to lay a few strips on the F badge and trace it with a hobby razor.