Homebuilt injector tester ?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rkpatt, I know what you mean on the long drive to other shops, I have the luxury of having a son that goes to school in portland everyday so he runs the parts;Sweet

I would try to fit the ford injector on the benz line, they look awful close, and the original ford injectors were made in britian by ,cough, lucas,cringe

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very little leaks out the return ports when testing, unless the inj. is badly worn

79 300sd

Reaction score
I will be using the one I put together on my Ford and old Mercedes . It sure would nice to get all of the fittings at one place ( like www.mcmaster.com) and not have to hit and miss search the junkyards for an injector line and fitting for the tester ( both vehicles ). -Thanks for your help .

checked my 88 F350 injector today to see if a mercedes line would connect. It is the same (6mm tube, m12 by 1.5 threads). So it seems that you would be ok if you had a mercedes or volkswagen injector line. I know that the local foreign auto parts store can get me a vw injector line for less than $20. You could also order one from Phil at fastlane, the parts link at the top of the page at mercedesshop. I just checked and a line for a 1981 VW dasher for cylinder #2 is $19.51, the other 3 cylinders were more expensive.

If you are still set on getting materials from mcmaster to simulate an injector line, I think that you can possibly do that. They have 6mm tubing available.

1 50295K21 Metric 6mm tube, 6 foot length ($12.95)

You would also need to order one more of the following fitting (total quantity of 2):

1 5269K311 Metric fitting, 1/8" NPT to 6mm tube ($3.12)

You don't necessarily need the entire fitting, only the nut and ferrule. But I think that you will want to use the fitting to seat the ferrule instead of using an injector to seat the ferrule. It also looks like you would have to seat the ferrule very close to the end of the tube so that the tube won't interfere with the inside diameter of the injector. Also be aware of what could happen if you don't seat the ferrule well enough.

I think a new line is the safest option if you don't have access to a used one, and it only a few dollars more.

David

obinella

Reaction score
bought this on e-bay,design specific, internal filter, no screwing around, $85.00,crikey!

Attachments

• 30_1.jpg
    30_1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 08_1.jpg
    08_1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 24

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
OK if someone wants a used line... I wanted to save them incase i needed them but this seems like a good use for them so if you pay shipping and $10 would that be cool? but i'll only sell you one for a tester? then number 1 is bent from my picker hook (don't ask):backoff :mad:

Last edited:

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
I'm game! I'll even take the #1 as long as it holds pressure. I'm already set up for that size line. And my experiences at J/Y's cause steam to blow from my ears. :mad:

45244 Got paypal or whatever other payment you want sent out tomorrow.

Attachments

• hauler 043.jpg
    hauler 043.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 50