Macguyver82

DINSTAAR
Reaction score
Holtzer1,

Trade ya the BBC in my '86CC for that 6.2! :D :D
14MPG if she drives it, 8MPG if I drive it. :rotflmao

cgassett

Reaction score
fuel mileage is awesome in some of these 6.2s. My 89 crew cab gets 19-24 mpg pulling a 20' open landscape trailer at a rolling weight of 14000 lbs and my hummer in Iraq got about 15 mpg at about 11000 all armored up rolling through the sand.

countryboy

Reaction score
I am getting 28 with a jacked up 69 chevy with a 6.2, 4-speed,4.10s, and 40"s swampers! But the real surprise is when I'm on my biofuel... 30-32 mpg!!!!!

:dunno:thumbsup:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still getting in the mid-20's driving locally with a lot of idling in my 82 Burb 4x4. But of course it's a bit lighter thanks to all this friggen salt they throw down on the winter roads to keep it icy instead of sand to give it traction. I don't know why the car companies need bailouts with all of the help by the DOT here in Wisconsin...

countryboy

Reaction score
I know what you mean. A buddy bought from Wis bought a truck to drive down here and then gave it to me. That poor thing had so much rust it was sad looking!! The doors was eat half way up!! the frame was scary. And it was an 87' chevy. they must pour the salt on all year round every two days whether they need it or not!!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. A buddy bought from Wis bought a truck to drive down here and then gave it to me. That poor thing had so much rust it was sad looking!! The doors was eat half way up!! the frame was scary. And it was an 87' chevy. they must pour the salt on all year round every two days whether they need it or not!!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Laugh all you want, I think that's what they do. I do know that if there is even a suggestion of a dusting of snow during the winter, they will drop salt on the roads like there's no tomorrow. When there really IS a storm, it's like driving across the Bonneville Salt flats. Except there's too much snow on the road to get any kind of speed or traction. I swear they spread as much as they can just so they can work more into next year's budget. Is there a contest between any of the states?

My 89 GMC had barely any rust on back in 2002 when I moved out to Wyoming. Since they used sand and not as much rock salt I actually had traction and the rust stayed at a very minimum, I was even able to hold off on the spread of rust. But since moving back in 2005, the truck has lost weight due to the spread of that rotten red stuff. So far it's only wheel wells and a couple of surface rust areas.

But the Burb has spent it's entire 27 years in Wis and is a WHOLE lot lighter. I can't wait to start replacing panels on that thing... Still it runs like a top with great mileage and I refuse to buy anything new since it's mileage sure beats anything off the line today.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Best trip 36mpg. Early morning good cool air,no light bar, no wind, no lift,no trafic, no IP tweaks at 95kph. I now run 20 - 23 depending on the wind, it's a sail.