HOLY SH*T...UNbelievable

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been logging the mileage and fuel costs for the burban i have, 82 with a 6.2, unknown mileage, odo says 24493...who knows exactly. i bought it with 22642 miles on the clock, has 24493 on it now, i put a total of 75.5 gallons of fuel in it, at a cost of173.50 :backoff -cuss :draw :mad: . by my calculations, thats 24.5 miles per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and after the b&m shift kit set up for r/v towing, it runs great, shifts good and has a considerable amount of power than when i bought it. now just to deal with all the rust :backoff

Max Power

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that! Especially for an average.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know...its great considering my 24v ram put out 17-19 mpg...but at least the tailgate wasnt hangin on by a rudt pile...its about to fall off completely.. :mad:

rock_doctor

Reaction score
The tailgate issue is very common. You can get the tailgate pan from several places. I got mine from LMCtruck for something like $120.

mark

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rock_doctor said:
The tailgate issue is very common. You can get the tailgate pan from several places. I got mine from LMCtruck for something like $120.

mark
i found it...135 bucks...and the body shop(connected to the dealership i work at) said theyll patch it in for free.

rock_doctor

Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
i found it...135 bucks...and the body shop(connected to the dealership i work at) said theyll patch it in for free.
Excellent, mine is still sitting in the basement. I plan to (next year) replace the driver’s door (big rust spot on bottom), window seals, fender skirts, the rear tailgate pan and a complete paint job. Funny every once and a while I look at the new trucks and still like my 14 yr old 'burban better. I am glad you found it, interesting it went up; we ordered ours only a few months apart.

Good luck,
mark

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
My wife is getting ~22-23MPG with her K-5 Blazer (6.2/TH700/4x4)...24.5MPG is spectacular, especially from a 'Burb! Is it a 4x4?

The body on hers is pretty solid (though absolutely covered with dings & dents), but it will need a driver's door (maybe both doors) in the not-too-distant future. The driver's floorpan has been repaired (kinda sloppy stick-welding, but other than that a reasonably good job) & the rest of the floors are solid. The tailgate (looks like it's been replaced once) is starting to go, and there are a couple bubbles over the rear wheelhouses. :(

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah 4x4, 700r4...not sure what gears are in it...purrs nicely around 60mph...still sounds ok at 70mph...at about 75-80 she's about topped out screaming for mercy. LOL i have found out more info...it has 240k on the odo now...kinda figured it wasnt in the 100k department, but by contacting the previous owner..found out they put alot of $$ in it before unloading it..
new glow plugs
glow plug controller
lift pump
injection pump
fuel filters
air filter
tires
brakes
had new quarter panels in the back
had new rocker panels in the back which i have installed..only due to the fear of serious infection every time i got in and out of it..lol
new block heater...nice high heat one from a john deere tractor..very nice to start it in the morning and have instant heat
new front bumper and grille
new r/f fender

all in all..it looks like **** and she;s deffinitely an attention getter..not the kind of attention you want though. gets me around. i cant complain thus far.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have an "above the wheelhouse" you can see plum through it.lmao :Sly

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
Liz's Snail got a new IP & all 8 (!) injectors before she bought it (the guy's brother worked at a dealer; I'm guessing he got parts & labor cheap). I think it got glow plugs & controller at the same time (they've definitely been replaced). She has about 185-190K, I think (she & the K-5 are on the way to work, so I can't check, & I don't precisely remember).

Hmm...your 'Burb sounds like the perfect candidate for a Tatonka Products Bummer body swap. :)

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect candidate for the "run it till it dies and drop a big block in it and lift it to the skay and mud the whee **** out of it" modification...lmao

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Jarlaxle said:
Liz's Snail got a new IP & all 8 (!) injectors before she bought it (the guy's brother worked at a dealer; I'm guessing he got parts & labor cheap). I think it got glow plugs & controller at the same time (they've definitely been replaced). She has about 185-190K, I think (she & the K-5 are on the way to work, so I can't check, & I don't precisely remember).

Hmm...your 'Burb sounds like the perfect candidate for a Tatonka Products Bummer body swap. :)
Click the link in my sig. Whole lot cheaper and stronger than the pre-made body kits, and a whole lot cooler!

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Well, when you pull that 6.2, let me know, I'll come get it. Or I'll swap you a great running small block for it.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan on running that 6.2 till its dead, in the near future i'm gonna get my wife a minivan, then i'll inheret the 02 stratus for a daily driver and the burbs an open project, i'll probably even mud it with the 6.2 for a while to see what it does, dont see many diesel mudders out there. what my plan was, if i dont replace it soon, just to run it, if i do get a van. i'll lift the burb, turn up the pump and add some water injection and see how long it takes to blow it apart...or just turn up the pump a smidge and run the snot out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online