holly cow

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this evening i went to wally mart to return something, and ive been noticing a 89 to 90 model cc duelly that was for sale. just so happens the owner of the truck was there so i decided to stop and ask some questions about it because the way it was parked i couldnt tell if it was a diesel or not. turns out its a 7.3 with a 5spd trans and some extra addd-ons, nothing special my truck look alot better just wish it was a cc. after siting there for a while talking with the owner i asked how much he was asking for it, and when he told me it surprised me so bad that i felt the blood drain from my head and i kind of felt faint from being surprised. and im not talking a good surprise, this joker said he wanted $15,000 for it, but he knew he couldnt get that so he would ask $13,500 for it because it was well worth it. i almost started to laugh but i didnt want to offend the man so i just played it out until he was through talking and i went on about my way. holly cow i love these old idi trucks but $13,500 thats kind of steep lol.:rotflmao

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. A friend of mine had a 94 CTD 4x4, decent southern rust free truck, 177k miles, sold it for 3800. Another friend had an 89 F250 IDI, Ok west coast truck, had some flaws, odo read 39k miles, we assumed 239k miles with how the truck drove and parts that needed replacing, sold that one for 4500. The 94 was sold in a day and a half, owner needed the money to keep his place to live. The 89 was sold after being listed on CL for 3 months, they were trying to get the absolute most out of it, and they did.

I know it's a far cry from what his guy is asking, but if he lets it stay on the market long enough, I'm sure he'll come across some fool that will pay for it.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh im sure he will it just wont be this fool lol. right now im looking at a 2000 cc duelly with a nice flat bed on it for $4000 thats what sounds good and $9,500 cheaper.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen some SRW CC trucks go for over $20,000. Just depends on what you got and how bad someone else wants it. The bank tells me my truck is worth $3800. I wouldn't let it go for less than $7,000 and when I get it done I'll be that crazy guy asking $20,000. Actually it won't be for sale but if someone made that offer I might consider it.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I just sold a 91 F350 CC Dually Centurion Conversion 2wd for $17,000.00 with a 460 in it.

But it only had 6,100 original miles and was arguably the nicest one in existence.

It depends on miles and condition and what someone will be willing to pay for it. Did he say how many miles were on the truck?

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, Im picking up a 90 cc dually thats about a 9 outta 10 for 600. It has no rust, fresh paint job and two sets of tires. Its not a diesel but It will one day. I really just want the cab for my 4x4 frame.

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/1485112393.html

What a shame to pull the cab for an off roader. That looks like a good truck for a rediculous price, though it is a gasser.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe for what you are getting it for I would through a tranny at it and roll for a bit. Thats a steal.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, Im picking up a 90 cc dually thats about a 9 outta 10 for 600. It has no rust, fresh paint job and two sets of tires. Its not a diesel but It will one day. I really just want the cab for my 4x4 frame.

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/1485112393.html

gonecrazy thats a smoking deal. about 4 months ago i could have picked up a 90 cc duelly also for $500. i guess in other parts of the country trucks are priced higher and people are willing to pay a arm and a leg for these older trucks. here in la and the surrounding states you can pick these trucks up for litle or nothing. a good clean duelly of our year model around these parts normaly go for $2000 up to $5000 and a lot of times you can find steals like gonecrazy did. the owner of the $13,000 truck said it has 119,000 miles and i can promise you its no where as in good shape as the truck gonecrazy just showed.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure he didn't mean $1300.00?

darrin the first time i asked him i thought maybe he meant $1300 so i let it slide, after 30 minutes of talking to the feller i asked again and thats when he started telling me the story of he realy wants $15,000 but he guess hell let it go for $13,500 because he doesnt use it any more and he just wants to get it out of the drive way.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'd put a trans in that truck - if it drove/worked nice I would put a diesel in it....I would love to find a cheap truck like that for my Cummins....I would stay with the old school tin for a ride in that kind of shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online