Hmm...Turbo Kit from Hell 500HP capable????

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like this kit is worth it in any way that's way to expinsive I wouldn't be caught paying that much. Power can be had for cheaper an it doesn't take much to make a truck run good. My trucks old tired an has a ton of blow by an it runs pretty darn good ask the warden he had a pretty good size grin driving my truck. He also has the same turbo an trans as I.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy other than Racin over on FTE running it already with good performance out of it. His user name is Xcite. Just out of curiosity, how can you all comment on the price of that turbo setup when you guys don't even know how much it is to get it? I'm just saying... Also I have heard of people buying a Hypermax kit brand new before and this kit will have more power capability for those people who want it and have no ability to weld or make their own kit. What other cheap option is there that can provide 400hp capability and be a direct bolt on???

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post says $1,200 bucks so to expinsive! I have less than 1,400 in a new top end an turbo kit an turbo that includes a new stater! Also includes a intercooler an pipes. Arp studs for manifold an intake too!

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ain't got the balls for this project. I like my Prius better. BTW.....all my Fords are for sale to fund my Prius purchase. When my nuts grow up to be the size of Al's, maybe then they're big enough to get into this turbo kit.

Who told u I gots big bawlz?

I wish I could afford a kit this nice and healthy myself...for now..swap scrap parts for other parts and hope I can get enough parts to make a decent working kit LOL

***** man....take no nutz to get into this kit...just takes greenbacks!

LOL

:popcorn

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post says $1,200 bucks so to expinsive! I have less than 1,400 in a new top end an turbo kit an turbo that includes a new stater! Also includes a intercooler an pipes. Arp studs for manifold an intake too!

Isn't the kit you bought from Justin Wheeler for $500 for all that you said besides the head work? You kinda fell into that. Most people wouldn't be that lucky. There aren't many guys building kits like that and then selling them that cheap. And your Wh1c was $300 plus the price of piping for an intercooler if you do it yourself is around $150 and even more if you have someone do it. Add another $75 or so for an intercooler and you are at about $1025. That isn't even including miscellaneous stuff like oil return lines and other stuff. Not much cheaper plus it is less work than most will have to do if they just buy the A3K... Makes sense to me...

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my ideal truck: bullnose crew cab long box on 35s, 4x4 d60, divorced tcase, splitter, 500 horse with a beauty turbo kit such as this, black ext, red int. OBA. 1600# lift gate.

OH EM GEE.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I my wh1c is sold going with an Hx-35. intercooler I had has a hole. looking for another gonna be at least 150 doing my intercooler. Doing charg pipes myself same with down pipe need a few clamps. An need some other stuff oil cooler rebuild an oil bypass kit. If someone bought a welder an pieces of pipe you could build it all for less than i paid or borrow someone's. An it's cheaper either way my turbo you can find anywhere you go. I think you paid somthing like that for a kit close to
mine. There around im sure someone's built kits in comparison to ours people just never talked about it. Always looking at name brand stores like banks an hypermax. Maybe not though.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
my ideal truck: bullnose crew cab long box on 35s, 4x4 d60, divorced tcase, splitter, 500 horse with a beauty turbo kit such as this, black ext, red int. OBA. 1600# lift gate.

OH EM GEE.

All you gotta do is come up with an IP that can support 500whp, be practical, and reliable.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online