Hmm...Turbo Kit from Hell 500HP capable????

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the parts you see in the picture are readily available. Typ4 has the majority of them minus the A3K parts, that was a test run for Racin.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question is, how can it be duplicated? Are the Aurora 2000/3000 parts readily available and can we use our existing 093, machine it, and have what you see in the pics or are we looking at what was found in limited quantity on a high shelf collecting dust?

I have 30 ish casting sets that will make this possible in new form. I think the ford factory turbine casting which is smaller and lighter wont support the machining but the 093 will and I've got lots . Plus ive seen the ford/garrett one crack at the wastegate hole, the ats one is thicker.

Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, Justins stud price is very good and I do have castings available .Light humor attempt in deleted post, LOL
He has much more machining skills and ability to pull off this awesome turbo combo. Running all the numbers on the maps is his forte. And the sob has a 190cc pump.:eek:The power is available
Im waiting to see how this turns out so I can do my next build for the camper hauler . ;Sweet

Get that build going already!!! Lol

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 30 ish casting sets that will make this possible in new form. I think the ford factory turbine casting which is smaller and lighter wont support the machining but the 093 will and I've got lots . Plus ive seen the ford/garrett one crack at the wastegate hole, the ats one is thicker.

-Drool -Drool -Drool -Drool

Damn you man that's SaWeEt;Sweet

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question is, how can it be duplicated? Are the Aurora 2000/3000 parts readily available and can we use our existing 093, machine it, and have what you see in the pics or are we looking at what was found in limited quantity on a high shelf collecting dust?

From what I can tell, that is why he is working on it. Justin wants a good turbo kit readily available if anyone wants them I'm pretty sure. Only time will tell but it looks extremely promising...

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
From what I can tell, that is why he is working on it. Justin wants a good turbo kit readily available if anyone wants them I'm pretty sure. Only time will tell but it looks extremely promising...

Its freakin' sweet to see new life being brought to the IDI crowd. My wallet has been real thin so I haven't been keeping up to date as to what the performance guys are up to. There is some nice work going on, that's for sure.:slyThanks to everyone involved.;Sweet

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is even better now that we are getting some power out of these old beasts. In all honesty, with as much fuel as both Justins have, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 400hp idi. I mean Racin hit 342/759 with a badly slipping clutch and only 150cc of fuel. Now he has 180cc and a clutch that will hold the power. NMB2 just upped his fuel as well and the extra 50cc should easily add 100hp IMO. We will soon see after they dyno those beasts. There are also a few other builds that might be up over 400hp as well. I think as more people see what these cheap old trucks can make for power, there might become an even bigger niche market for them...

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Well lets hope this kit comes along!

I heard somewhere that Banks made a custom dual turbo dual exhaust setup for a guy who raced his IDI and made close to 1200hp? IIRC he had to use rubber freeze plugs cuz the block flexed so much... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Now what I wonder, and dont get me wrong these kits are awesome, but certainly there is a way to make a cheaper turbo kit? I've often wondered about making a supercharging kit myself for these as it'd be pretty cheap compared to a turbo kit... Just my thoughts...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Banks did not make that engine that required rubber freeze plugs and the hp was 1000. Not 1200. That engine is still around somewhere in Illnois I believe. Hypermax built it for the guy too. There are some pics of it around here somewhere. Maybe another member can find them and attach them to this thread. The block flexed so much the stock plugs would not stay in so thats the reason for the rubber plugs. The guy had it built for truck pulling but everyone voted to ban him because it was an unbeatable rig. So he went to drag racing and kicked butt there.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ain't got the balls for this project. I like my Prius better. BTW.....all my Fords are for sale to fund my Prius purchase. When my nuts grow up to be the size of Al's, maybe then they're big enough to get into this turbo kit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online