Hey You Ford Guys

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to use the Anti-Freze test strips??? And what is the purpose of the Additive?? I think I know but I'm not possitive of that effects of the Additive???

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
You mean the little Fleetguard DC4A test strips you should use twice a year (or more ifin you want) add the DC4A at 15,000 mile intervals and perform a complete coolant change every 30,000 miles. It adds a sacrificial layer to the cylinder wall so that the cavitation action will act against it instead of against the metal cylinder wall. Keeping additive levels maintained will keep this sacrificial layer in optimum condition.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
I'll be bringing the Test strips and additive to the TASK Force meeting on Sunday to give us something to do

J Walz

Reaction score
If your truck has the extended life anti-freeze your not supposed to use the additive. I think the article I read said trucks before 2002 you need to check. If the anti-freeze is the gold colored do not use the FW-8 or the new FW-16 It does not have to be recharged.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Damn, Rampy does have his **** together:D

Cavitation is not a pretty sight.
I used Rotella ELC {extended life coolant} in my IDI with no problems, BUT have heard mixed feelings regarding the PSD's.

This is due mainlt to the fact that there are copper tubes that the inj sit in and theese tubes are swedged to the cyl head and sealed with "O" rings. This is a critical area .

I'm due to flush and fill soon and don't want to spend the$$$$$$
for Evans NPG, altho it sounds like the katz ***!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70