Hey all, I'm in need of an opinion...

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i was looking around my area for places to test them and didn't come up with much. Since this place is right down the road from my house i figured it beat shipping them. Also since my truck was running fine (to me..what do I know..) i fully expected them to be ok. When he called and said they ALL failed my heart sank a little. This was suppose to be a 40 dollar return line job and has snow-balled into a 700 dollar job complete with new GP's, injectors and hose...I done mind putting money into the truck, she's a GREAT truck and I miss riding in her every day she's down. I actually got kicked out of my daughters pre-school pick-up line because of that truck. Now I have to come AFTER all the mini-vans and hybrids have come and gone. Makes me chuckle to myself.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was that pop test price to remove the injectors from engine or did you walk in to shop with them in hamd?

That rear hose can be cut off the fittjng and then from underneath you should be able to remove the remaining section...install new hose and push back up to the fittkng and from above install top end onto fitting and clamp in place.

Well jope the new injectors work ok for you.

Russ Typ4 here or Mel at Conestoga diesel or Justin at http://www.idiperformance.com are yer best bets for injectors and parts.

Good lu k

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icanfixall, my return line kit came with the line from the filter to the first injector on the pass side deleted. I've read that this is a recommendation by Ford? So that would leave the return line from the brass T at the back of the engine as the only way for fuel to get back to the tanks? Now that I crawled further up into the truck and found the place where the hose fits onto that funny rubber hose, my problem's are solved. I'll have to order that olive for the fitting on the lift pump line to the filter. I already did the ones on the line from the filter to IP.

As for the truck, I got her of CL in Montgomery AL in November. I wanted one with a 5spd, and was holding out but trucks were disappearing of CL quick so I made a move. We went down with the whole family minus the dog, and my 4 y/o daughter and I rode back to ATL in the truck. I even took her to Knoxville with both girls later that month to go buy a Hammond Organ and Leslie, something i've wanted for a long time. The truck ran fine i thought.
Been having to hit the Goodwills for tapes for the tape deck though. Got a lot of Conway Twitty and New Riders of The Purple Sage..good truck music.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled them myself. Yeah, i might return these when they get here and go with a better source. I was under a lot of pressure from the wife to finish the truck and not spend money at the same time. When she told me to go ahead and buy the things I tried to get the best price I could, but honestly I know better. I ordered a whole bunch of Viton 111 rings off rings and more dot com, so I think i'll just put the old ones in and try again. If i'm gonna put new ones in I want to do it right.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that truck looked familiar... Yep seen it on clist down there and thought that's would be a good truck...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
30 bucks to try clean IP and injectors....once returns done....

Search tech 101 liqua moly diesel purge....its a closed loop cycle of injector and IP cleaning I did a couppe videos on. It may buy u some time...it may not...

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Riotwarrior, the IP was replaced right before I got it, along with the starter and batteries. I've watched a couple of your vids on YT about the DMF. I learned a lot. I'll look that flush up. There was all sorts of crud in the injector bores.

Whitehorse, that's funny you recognized it. Funny thing is the day after i bought it, a '91 CCLB 4x4 two-tone blue/gray with the 5spd popped up closer in Jonesboro. AND 500 bucks less...I was very close to having to trucks and not wanting to sell either..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726