help!

1994IDI

Reaction score
Im short on time so thisll be to the point. I really need a throttle linkage for an obs ford with a first gen cummins.
What was used on big ed? Any help?

1994IDI

Reaction score
That is what's on there, its a very tight pedal. Sorry for the short replies Im short on time

1994IDI

Reaction score
It is binding. The linkage has been ghetto rigged to work but it makes the pedal very difficult to depress. I don't have the truck here yet, so I can't get any hands on it. Any suggestions?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many variables as to the possible method that was used to connect your current throttle set-up, so your question is kinda hard to address without actually seeing what you have.

Is the Dodge bell-crank throttle set-up still intact and then the Ford accelerator-cable connected to that ??

If so, then there is the problem.

It is best to eliminate the bell-crank and connect the accelerator-cable directly to the throttle-lever on the injection-pump itself.

You will have to fabricate a bracket to accomplish this.

You will also need the appropriate size little trailer-ball-looking thingie that the cable snaps onto; I got an assortment of them --- HOLLEY brand --- at Advance Auto.

Also, it is best to carefully eliminate that red plastic sleeve that is on the cable-end.

My accelerator functions as well on the Cummins as it ever did on the IDI. ;Sweet

1994IDI

Reaction score
I will let you know when I get it in a few days. Thanks you very much for the help. Again, sorry for thr dhort responses. I only have a min here and there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online