Help Needed

crzycowboy

Supporting vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
Ok, we could use your help here at Grand Rock. I know people have been putting stacks in pick up trucks for YEARS...using parts from scrap yards, or box tubing. What we're looking for are old pictures that can prove it was installed before Febraury 2002. If you can supply us with these pictures, I'm sure we will make it worth your while. If you can help, please reply here or contact me here at Grand Rock. 1-800-321-3674. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

crzycowboy

Supporting vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
There are a couple of guys trying to patent the "through bed stacks". If they go through with this the manufacture's would have to either a.) pay a royalty, or b.) no longer build an offer a drop in bed kit. Any fabricators that build their own, could be subject to the penalties of breaking the patent as well. The 3 large manufacture's are looking for ANY old pictures with date time stamped on the back of the developed picture (the developing machines always put a date time stamp on the back) or any old threads dating before February 25th of 2002 would be helpful as well. We are just trying to prove that these guys are not the "creators or inventors" of this exiting of an exhaust system, and people have been doing it for YEARS before this patent was applied for.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
I will look into it as that is crooked on there part we have enough people trying to take a piece of the action these clowns are trying to profit on stuff we do on our owns rigs i will do anything in my power to find pics for you i have alot of old loggers in my family and i am also in the oilpatch.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH PLEASE! I've had stacks on my truck since 1985. There isn't a truck in Lancaster or York county that has stacks that didn't see me first. I was probably the reason they got popular. :rolleyes: LOL I've got 35mm slides with a date stamped on the mount if you want that for proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel