Help identifying plug on under dash wiring harness?

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So long story short my windshield leaked on my 2000 psd 2x4 xlt Crew cab long bed auto truck. The underdash harness and fuse power distribution box corroded and malfunctioned. My dad gave me the truck. I pulled the dash and purchased a used harness and box on ebay. Everything looks good and matches up except one plug. It comes out of the green loom at the fire wall. On my stock harness it had a plug but on the replacement harness there is no provision for it. Can anyone tell me what this plug is and what it's function is? It's mid way under the dash almost center.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 23

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant find anything for sure, But I did read that Ford had wiring for brake controllers already built into the harness. Maybe that is what this connector is. :dunno

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant find anything for sure, But I did read that Ford had wiring for brake controllers already built into the harness. Maybe that is what this connector is. :dunno

No I actually have the trailer wiring hooked up just like my original harness. This looks like something safety related maybe.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I traced the wiring in the underdash harness and it goes to 5 different locations/plugs. If I don't adapt it into my new harness will it effect the truck in anyway?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Aux Idle Control. It is used for PTO and charge protect functions. It can be found in ambulances and trucks that require PTO functions. It was an option on OBS and SD trucks.

The box plugs into your connector.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aux Idle Control. It is used for PTO and charge protect functions. It can be found in ambulances and trucks that require PTO functions. It was an option on OBS and SD trucks.

The box plugs into your connector.

There was not a box plugged into that connector, it has a harness that runs several different areas. It's loomed with the green loom which is normally for air bags. I don't think its the AIC.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
perhaps its for your power windows and door locks:dunno

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's in the green look for the srs system. It's for air bags and the magical light is on so that explains this plug. Every thing else works perfect except the windows locks and air bag light is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online