headlights flickering mostly off...halfway to n. Carolina

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a roadside fix. I am using my roof mounted lights. People not too happy

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry. Saw that Tue other day. Will fix when have comp. :) just got pulled over. Used girl tears. Whew.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome work with the girl tears, I mean you gotta use every tool in the box sometimes ;Sweet

FYI, you have a bad headlight switch. Go buy one, then think about the headlight relay mod.

Good luck, don't use all the girl tears at once: you might need em again :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome work with the girl tears, I mean you gotta use every tool in the box sometimes ;Sweet

FYI, you have a bad headlight switch. Go buy one, then think about the headlight relay mod.

Good luck, don't use all the girl tears at once: you might need em again :D
if the bronco is a earlier model(80-91), the floor mounted dimmer switch is also very suspect. Being in a rustbelt state, I would be surprised that it's failing at this time of the year.

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dimmer switch on the floor is what I would check first. Its only a 8.00 part and you can get it at any parts store.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1993 f350 snout . Thought I posted it But didn't go through earlier . I feel old and inadequate navigating this site on a phone

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights don't work like they should; piece of cake. :D

Old country-boy fix that can be done with only a pocket-knife :

Take a length of wire, strip both ends a bit, wrap one end around one of the head-light bulb terminals --- make sure it ain't the GROUND terminal, wrap the other end around the HOT terminal on the fender-mounted solenoid --- BOTH bulbs should light and will burn until you un-hook the wire.

If you don't have a suitable length of wire, rob a piece from something you can do without, or run in the Dollar General Store, grocery-store, or whatever and buy a 99-cent extension-cord and use that.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

Take a length of wire, strip both ends a bit, wrap one end around one of the head-light bulb terminals --- make sure it ain't the GROUND terminal, wrap the other end around the HOT terminal on the fender-mounted solenoid --- BOTH bulbs should light and will burn until you un-hook the wire.

If you don't have a suitable length of wire, rob a piece from something you can do without, or run in the Dollar General Store, grocery-store, or whatever and buy a 99-cent extension-cord and use that.

This is the one that gets you out of the woods at night!. If you can't find a parts store open, you can always find a wal mart and they will have a roll of wire and some terminals to hot wire the headlightss with. Make sure to cut the factory wire to the switch out in case it is shorted. You don't want to burn the thing to the ground

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wasn't able to respond to this before. But this got me to Carolina and back