Headlamp assembly replacement

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have new headlamp assemblies for my '91, and was wondering if anyone can tell me how hard it is to replace them. Looks like the grille has to come out. Not sure how that's done.

It'll be SO nice to be able to see at night. The headlights aren't really that bad as far as output is concerned (I use Silver Stars), even with the old assemblies cleaned up as much as they'll clean. Clear eyes will be very revealing...

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
I replaced the headlights in my OLE 87 CC DRW when I had it repainted. As I recall its really a simple matter! Its been a long while since I had that truck so from faint memory there's maybe three 10MM nuts that hold on the head light and 2-3 10MM nuts that hold in the marker lamp. access to these nuts can be had by removing the battery's and battery trays. Now that's really foggy memory so some if not all of that can be incorrect. But I do remember it was one of the easiest and most worth while things I did to it after the repaint to spruce its appearance up.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'll get around to it sooner or later... Just the batteries... that would be SO crazy!!

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Where did you purchase the replacement units? One of mine has been fogged inside by moisture for years.. :mad:

Thanks.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from NAPA, but they're available everywhere.

LMC Truck has them. Fordpartsnetwork.com has the genuine article for twice the price.

I'm pretty impressed with the NAPA units... They seem like really great quality... I assume Ford must have sent the "dyes" to Taiwan because these appear identical to the originals, superficially. I'll see how they look "behind the scenes" when I take the old ones out, but these seem well made for Taiwanese stuff... all the way down to the Made-in-the-USA Sylvania receptacle for the headlight bulbs.

Mike

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy 'em. IMO they'll make a huge difference... can't wait to get mine installed... maybe this weekend if I can get away from school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online