HD power steering pump

BobF

Reaction score
Cardone 20-6244 Saginaw pump, has anyone adapted this. Put one in my 1973 Bronco and seems to adapt to most Ford trucks

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find one then we can talk....discontinued pump by all accounts.

I hqve been searching for a saginaw for my serp belt setup for years.....no luck.

siegler

Reaction score
As riot pointed out, the cardone part is obsolete.

V-belt or serpentine?

V-belt is easy. Find a van with an idi and you're in business, saginaw pumps came stock on the vans and the bracket will bolt on. The AC bracket may be required too. I couldn't find an idi van in the local yards here, so I modified a gas engine bracket from a late 70's van until an idi van turns up.

For the serpentine it would be harder.
To my knowledge, there is no factory serpentine setup for the idi to use a saginaw.
Psc motorsports makes a horse shoe looking adapter bracket that may work. Otherwise, you're down to fabrication or modifying a bracket from a different engine.

BobF

Reaction score
Serpentine. My Bronco I set up serpentine but can't recall where I bought the pulley and the numbers. I think I have a sag in my shop somewhere as they where cheap and bullet proof. Oh well.

My ps has a drip, haven't had time to power wash and inspect. At this point might as well just replace the pump, pressure line and low pressure line. 250k on the truck, not trusting some things and the parts are cheap anymore.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serpentine. My Bronco I set up serpentine but can't recall where I bought the pulley and the numbers. I think I have a sag in my shop somewhere as they where cheap and bullet proof. Oh well.

My ps has a drip, haven't had time to power wash and inspect. At this point might as well just replace the pump, pressure line and low pressure line. 250k on the truck, not trusting some things and the parts are cheap anymore.

Bronco...what engine?

I have a van 5.0 serp belt bracket for saginaw pump ...$90.00 direct bolt on replacement of C I/II pump bracket

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Is that the "conversion" pump? AMC Ambassador pumps (or at least the reservoir), machined shaft with extension for proper pulley placement and a cast iron bracket to adapt from the Sag 4 bolt pattern to the Ford C2 3 bolt pattern? Got one on Bruiser before they discontinued them. More pressure and WAY more quiet.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After contactinghttp://www.pscmotorsports.com I was able to determin they do indeed have a pump and U bracket that shlould work for serpentine setups however one CAVEAT...extemsive grinding of the stock bracket for pump clearance will be in order.

U Bracket adapter MBO 3 K
PUMP PK 1405 X for single return for steering only
PUMP PK 1405 XH for hydroboosted applications

PULLEY DOR 300-133

They will set up pump with an "AN" fitting as our lines wont work...

Call them if you need more info they are extremely helpfull.

JM7.3CW