Have questions about 351w to IDI swap

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to start stripping this truck this weekend. It still has NICE GREEN(Looks fresh) anti-freeze in the radiator.

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it running!! I wanted to hear it run BEFORE I started my swap..... It had a strange noise at first,almost like a gas engine sounds with a spark plug removed(compression from hole), but it went away and ran VERY SMOOTH...I took a video, but cant seem to post it. Im thinking maybe it was an injector not hittin....but like I said,runs smooth now. Time to pull it and figure out what to do with the rest of this Cab/Chassis truck.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it running!! I wanted to hear it run BEFORE I started my swap..... It had a strange noise at first,almost like a gas engine sounds with a spark plug removed(compression from hole), but it went away and ran VERY SMOOTH...I took a video, but cant seem to post it. Im thinking maybe it was an injector not hittin....but like I said,runs smooth now. Time to pull it and figure out what to do with the rest of this Cab/Chassis truck.

Take it to @IDIoit place

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it's a single cab.
I am gonna have to go through all the wiring...it looks like the engine compartment was cut off at the firewall plug and all the wires crimped back togethercookoo...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have extra door switch pig tails, ill buy em off ya!

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are all manual doors except for my CrewCab. I will be at PickaPart this weekend. If I find some, I'll grab 'em for ya...how many do you need?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they still have the door switch :Dthe one on the inside of the front jamb that turns on the dome light when you open the door.
its a funky 2 or 3 wire pigtail, that you can barley see from inside of the bottom A pillar.

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you want the switches as well? Sorry I thought you were talking about power windows/locks...sorry.
PM me your address and I will send you a pair.

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping to start this project this week. MiL passed away 2 days ago, so it's been rough around here for my wife lately.
I am constipating getting rid of he front fuel tank, running just the rear(may go to the 38g). Have been thinking of OBA and put a coupler in the front fuel door location(behind door)
Also, what about dual exhaust? Any reason NOT to? What size? 2.5"? This is going to stay NA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony