gp's

sassyrel

Reaction score
ok guys--no fire. was changing 2 bad gp prior to winter---and the bad ones were beru--now--i burn wvo--2/3--1/3 dsl. soooo. was running this all summer--and no--i didnt let it idle. soooo, when i went to remove the RIGHT rear gp--------the nicest one!! the outer shell--twisted right off the center electrode!!!!!!! i/e--the piece with the threads--backed right out of the block, and left in the center piece---#$#^$&%*^(() grrrrrrrrrr. it was coming out a "bit" stiff--but i thought id be ok--uh huh!! NOT!! so, i grabbed my can of Kroil--poured in into the hole--and left set--yup--for 2 weeks!!! cause the option of pulling the head--WASNT!!!!!! so today--started snowing!! and couldnt get it in the shop--as i had somethign else in there--30 deg out!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. theres about a 3/4 inch area--that is tight around the gp, if you pull one--youll see it. so, i took a short bolt,and started to hit the bolt,against the gp,down into the comb chamber, i went appro 1/2 in, and it was going down!!! yaaaaaaaa. i then took the small needdle nose vg-and started to twist it--it started to move--by feel, so i i kept going, and started to twist up a bit--after about i minute of steady work--out it came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! course--i didnt feel my fingers much anymore---but its back together--starts much better also!!! and i pulled allllllllllll the gps, and coated them completely, all the way down--with antisieze,,should solve THAT problem--apparently--a bit of wvo got up around that gp--and stuck that dog--:puke::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yoslick

Reaction score
Had the same problem, was scared to death after all the horror stories, I used the small needle nose vise grips and the smallest body hammer slide hammer I could find that would hook the needle nose adjusting know and it came out!!!!!

sassyrel

Reaction score
yah--as i said tho--that puke of mine was STUCK!!! the outer shell screwing off--says it was bound tight--hammering it down a bit--cracked the crud loose--enough so i could get it back up and out--wheewwwwww,,scratched my head a few days over that one---:eek:

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stuck glow plug

No thats a bulged plug. If it backed out a few turns the stopped it's stuck for good . If anything try screwing it back in some how. If you snapped the head off it's the end of story. the head has to come off. I have run a truck for ten years on 7 gp's. You just need to make sure everything else is tip top. Good luck.

sassyrel

Reaction score
No thats a bulged plug. If it backed out a few turns the stopped it's stuck for good . If anything try screwing it back in some how. If you snapped the head off it's the end of story. the head has to come off. I have run a truck for ten years on 7 gp's. You just need to make sure everything else is tip top. Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------when i finally removed the center piece--it WAS NOT bulged--i said--i had been burning wvo--and that crud is what built up around the gp, and STUCK it in the head. so hard, the outer shell screwed right off, and left the center portion in the head--the stuff--was like hard burnt tar

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online