Got you jeep thing, RIGHT HERE!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I got no problem witth them, id take one to rot out over a bronco, exploder, blazer, or ramcharger. The 4.0 is a great motor and doesn't need oil or coolant to run....LOL I've seen them with many many miles on them, never saw one blow up, just run out of poewer. It was a huge mistake for them to drop that engine, but the smog nazis did away with it. I own IH's I have to make fun of jeeps just like ford guys make fun of chevys....remember, boys wear bowties, men drive farm equipment!;Sweet

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Very nice! Too bad John Deere never built any vehicles, a picture of a IH crushing that green crap would be priceless....

Nice none the less!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I guess JD figured well if we can't keep our tractors running on 2 cyls a road legal vehicle would be useless! Never owned one but my friend had 2 and he said they were the biggest POS he ever owned, his farmall ran circles around them. He said the one had a good amount of engine work done, and the guy that bought it takees it to the pulls, the farmall leaves it in the dust.....;Sweet

mopwrd340

Reaction score
I like the cherokees ive had 3 of them all 4.0 with aw4 they are good 4 wheelers and tough little boogers.i traded my 88 comanche 4wd with 69,000miles on it for my 85 idi i liked both trucks but i wanted a bigger truck and this is the only one i liked ,so i made a even trade and havent regretted it yet,;Sweet

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Very nice! Too bad John Deere never built any vehicles,

But they did!! 87-99 chevy small blocks were casted by JUNK DEERE, and they did not line bore them correctly, that is why so make engines were replaced under warranty for knocking with less than 36k on them. I know because I replaced more than I can remember, with the exact same junk that knocked from its 1st start up!!cookoo

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, along the lones of what Brad has said..... which is funny...... up until it was shuttered, the IH Engine Plant in Indy, on Southeastern Ave, the same place that the 6.9IDI through the 6.4PSD came from, cast a lot of DURAMAX blocks....... and from what I have heard, some of the 6.2/6.5 blocks came out of that plant also.... AND ARE THE DESIRED BLOCKS because they hold up better..... IH Has their fingers in everything.....

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
But they did!! 87-99 chevy small blocks were casted by JUNK DEERE, and they did not line bore them correctly, that is why so make engines were replaced under warranty for knocking with less than 36k on them. I know because I replaced more than I can remember, with the exact same junk that knocked from its 1st start up!!cookoo

seriously???!! :rotflmao

look at IH back in the day they made refrigerators, a/c units... if they could make money building it they gave it a try! ;Sweet i love my cornbinders! :love:

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score

I stand corrected!

I don't hate John Deere, combine to combine - tractor to tractor almost everyone else in the game put out a better machine.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey we had an IH fridge growing up. Fugly as all get out but never killed it.