Good Transmission parts

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to rebuild my transmission in a few weeks. Any one have any suggestions, good or bad, as to where to get parts? I want to build it stronger than stock. I was currently looking at Oregon Performance Transmission. I saw them on Ebay, and there prices don't seem that bad. Any one else use these guys? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to rebuild my transmission in a few weeks. Any one have any suggestions, good or bad, as to where to get parts? I want to build it stronger than stock. I was currently looking at Oregon Performance Transmission. I saw them on Ebay, and there prices don't seem that bad. Any one else use these guys? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Tim

what transmission is it?

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the lack of info. The truck is a 1986 F250 with a C-6, and the intermediate band broke. I'm not sure how many miles are in the trans, x60,000, so I figured I would rebuild the whole thing, and try to make it stronger. I live in Omaha, NE, but don't mind paying for shipping if the parts are worth it.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
depending on your time frame, I will have the c6 out of mine this fall/winter. Everything in it's brand new except the gears and shafts. I'll also have an extra cooler, aux filter with sending unit and temp gauge.

I have a 4 speed I'm adding and won't need the auto parts.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can beat Barney to it. I've got an operable C6 that we just took out of a running truck. It's a 4X4 version, so you didn't say if yours is 2WD, but if so I'll let the transfer case go with if you are considering a conversion. PM me if interested. That way you can keep your truck on the road, and rebuild yours at your leisure. Sentinel Automotive in Lancaster PA is where I got all the parts to rebuild my C6 that's in the Moosestang. It's got a 10 clutch direct drive gear, and heavy duty 2nd gear drum. They have lots of performance goodies.