Going to get my idi tomorrow

503sp01

Reaction score
I'm going to go and get my idi tomorrow morning I hope I can get it running tomorrow afternoon

503sp01

Reaction score
It's a 87 f250 I guess it only runs for a few seconds then dies I guess it's needs glow plugs and I'm guessing it's getting air into the system

You must be registered for see images attach

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like those wheels/tires in the front. I'd toss the head rack and call it a day.

My guess would be the same. I'd start with the glow plugs. That's what I did when I got my truck. Do you know when or if the IP/Injectors have been rebuilt or replaced?

503sp01

Reaction score
I'm not sure and nether does the kid I'm getting it from I do know the turbo is less then a year old he went out one morning it died he said when it's cranks getting lots of white smoke just won't fire

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd guess definitely glow plugs for the initial starting issue. Could be controller or relay too but if it starts plugged in and only white smoke without plugging in then something is causing the glow plugs not to work.

Will it fire and stay running after it stalls out the first time?

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of it being the GPs or not, it's worth the effort to confirm brand identity and replace with ZD9's as necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can get it to refire with spray but just dies again

When you say spray are you referring to starting fluid? If so, NEVER use starting fluid while glow plugs are operational. Even though you stated they may not be working if you aren't 100% sure I wouldn't be using the spray. :smoke:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much fuel does it have? I know mine has the typical "runs out at 1/4 tank" problem. If you're too low on fuel that "could" have something to do with it.