GMC Downunder

doug spark

Reaction score
I have an 06 360 hp Duramax, I can't see why the exhaust partially runs up into the intake. I can see this is for the heater pipes to come off but this heats the intake after being through the intercooller. Can these two exhaust ports going into the intake be blanked off without any interference with ECU computer etc. We do not have smog checks here in Australia. As the exhaust is srtaight through and has ERF air intake and chipped, I can't see the advantage of pumping hot black soot into the intake.:confused:

Last edited:

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Sounds like you are talking about the EGR system. If you really wanna get rid of it do a search on Duramax EGR Delete and see what you get. If you find fictures on this search, check them out and make sure that is what I think you are looking at.
Ken

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Doug

You can get an EGR block-off plate. They run about $15 US. Search eBay. It will throw a code for low EGR flow (I believe). If you have a tuner, some will eliminate this code. If no tuner, a "fingerstick" can also be installed that tricks the computer into thinking the EGR is functioning. You're right, you won't gain power, but putting all that crap back thru the engine doesn't make any sense.

Tom

doug spark

Reaction score
I have fitted a blank off plate to the EGR on LBZ 06 Duramax and the engine light has come on, I have a super chips programmer and an aftermarket hand held tuner for late model diesel trucks. Will these delete this EGR code permantly? I think this code could be 0401 EGR flow insufficient.:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online