Glow plugs

datkinsonsr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno I can not find the Beru Glow plugs anywhere. So far I have found Autolite, Champion, AC Delco, BWD, Bosch, Bosch (10 digit), Niehoff, NAPA CHA184, CRB218463, & NAPA BSH80027. Which one is the GOOD ONE?
I don't want the problems of the Champion and Autolite plugs. The above listings came from Advance Auto and NAPD and Auto zone.:dunno

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have Glendale Auto Supply here, they can get the Motorcraft/Beru glow plugs for like $15 a piece. Or you can go to evilbay, there are a few sellers there that sell them for $10-$15 or so.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just go to Rockauto.com and you'll find Motorcraft glow plugs $10 each...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also substitute Wellman or Delphi's from one of the mail order injection shops. Do you have a 7.3 solid state system or the spade type 83-86 system?

RustyRecycledT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local Autozone told me they quit carrying them. Don't know why.

When they couldn't get them for me I called a local Ford Stealership. $11 each.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised 11 bucks at a dealer but if you can get them for that its more than worth it. I bought out the last 13 at my autozone in town for $1.00 each after they were discontinued, the smile of divine favor I guess. It was awesome.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

datkinsonsr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: GREAT information! Thanks. My local Dealership has 4 in stock for $24 each. IH dealer not too far from me. I will give him a call and let you know what happens.

datkinsonsr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:yell: Just got off the phone with my local IH dealer. They have 19 ZD9's (IH 1819649C1) in stock for $14.69 each. Will try to get there tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local Autozone told me they quit carrying them. Don't know why.
quote]

They aren't "cheap". 90% of AZ's customers want the cheapest thing on the shelf.

I "used" to use them for parts at my shop, now I use Advance where I have carefully trained there staff to quote me (decent) quality parts.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the thing about that is that their replacement Bosch and autocraps are just as expensive as the Berus ever were. Personally I think with a solid state system a batch of ZD9s at $9.99 or even $15 is money well spent because at worst you'll be replacing one here and there and the set will last years as long as the ground is good and the controller doesn't have some catastrophic malfunction(unlikely)

RustyRecycledT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised 11 bucks at a dealer but if you can get them for that its more than worth it. I bought out the last 13 at my autozone in town for $1.00 each after they were discontinued, the smile of divine favor I guess. It was awesome.

Got to thinking about it, list price is higher than that. I get one hell of a discount because of the volume of parts we buy from them through the bodyshop. That's probably why they were only $11.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
if u cant find any, i have several extra sets i bought when they were $3 from online i could part with 8 of them for $5 a piece plus shipping. but i wont be able to send em till monday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online

No members online now.