Glow Plug Replacement Help?!

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A piece of rubber fuel tubing about 12" long works good after you have it loose. Just slip it over the GP and turn it out, reverse for install.

im actually thinking of cuting a socket to size. or grinding a long 1/4" socket down so it can slide past the injector when it is still in

i have to go to sears since they are cheap, and make my socket

ive mastered the 6.0 oil rail torx bolt problem with a custom speacail tool, i think i can nip this one in the but also

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Gotta save this thread. I'm assuming it's worth doing GP's while I'm doing the injector's, true? How common is it for VC gaskets to be damaged on the initial removal of the cover? What does the harness cost that was mentioned? Like to have everything on hand before a problem develops.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most definetly, if you think you have a bad GP or two its worth doing while you are doing `jectors. I *think* the harness runs about 80 dollars a pop. You shouldnt run into any gasket problems what so ever.

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
i just replaced my gps in my 02 psd, ran 8.50 each but vc gaskets were 90 each. found out got to be carefull installing new plugs, if you miss the gp hole, theres another hole just above the gp hole where the pushrods go through, they can drop in there and are a :kick: to get back out, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online