Glow plug power wire

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, In the plug where the wires go onto the engine, which wire supplies the power for the GP's

And is there a part # that anyone knows for this connector?
thanks
Doug

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
In the FWIW dept :D there should be 2 yellowish 12/10 ga wires that start at the fender relay and feed the GP relay...via the cannon type plug on the right fender.....if yours are burned/jacket soft from heat....you can eliminate them ;Sweet

Just get some 4 ga wire,
couple solder lugs....ones that fit the 5/16" studs on both relay posts---solder and heat shrink the ends and replace that whimpy wiring :puke:

If you feel the need for protection, you can get a 250 amp mega fuse and fuse block ---from NAPA for about $25 {:sorry: I cannot recall the part #s...been a few weeks ago LOL}
I ran this set up on my '90 IDI for 4 years at 700 mi a week and never looked back :hail ...without a fuse :D

Hope this can be of some help :cheers:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cant get the connector from ford anymore unless they have some old stock, I got to have the good fortune of finding a perfect harness in a yard.
I would bypass the original , that many amps dont like that kind of terminal, this is a chronic problem with our trucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin