gauges

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never really heard anything bad about glowshift they look awesome and right now are cheaper

Tarantula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a NA 6.9l and an isspro mechanical pyrometer. I can get that sucker up to 1200 easily by flooring the vehicle up a hill. (Yeah... hills in Colorado are pretty tall!)

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Glowshift are kinda hit and miss. They are significantly cheaper. I know 90% of the tuner crowd run them, but I've always been an Autometer guy myself. I've tried the one isspro, and my brother has an old sun tach in his mustang. Other than that we pretty much use all autometer. They are great gauges, I've never really had any problems with them. Cost a little more but worth the money in my opinion.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath- Serious question here, no sarcasm implied or intended. If these motors in our trucks are capable of damn near self destructing pulling a 19' runabout up a mild hill on the way to the lake, why didn't Ford include a pyro on the dash? Surely they anticipated the the normal uses these vehicles would be put to, didn't they? Wouldn't we be finding these trucks melted down all over the place with a problem that bad?:confused:

So 1200 plus EGT is OK? You don't think that is bad/a problem? That won't shorten the life of the engine? I never said they'd self destruct, but high EGT's are a fact of stock N/A IDI's. Is ignorance of what the engine is doing really a good thing for it's reliability?

Ford didn't put many useful gauges in the dash, including a real water temp or oil pressure gauge...... if those glorified idiot lights were acceptable to Ford, why would they care to put a pyro on the truck? Like mentioned eariler, they really dropped the ball in other areas as well.

Heath

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Bumping this to see what gauge pod you used and how it fits.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 3 gauge pod for the pillar in my '87. I think I will try an autometer and make it fit.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Who made your pod?

LMC truck for the pod, I paid $89(cookoo, I know) but it was a great fit. I painted it with rust-oliem dark grey vinyl paint for a almost perfect match - you can only see the difference in broad daylight.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online