Gauge Instalation HELP!!

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
Alright I've been looking around everywhere to find the best way to install a boost and Pyro on my 2000 Dodge,

I've got everything I need just looking for some advice from those that may have done it.

the boost guage is the most controversial one I've looked into. where I was thinking of putting it was next to the boost port (to the computer) on the side of the motor. there is a port just to the front of the computer port. take it out and get the adapters and away you go!
the other location that I've been told is in the air intake over the top of the motor (where the dip-stick is bolted to) the drilling and tapping of that isn't that big of a deal
what I really want is the boost guage to be as accurate as I can get it!

I pull quite a bit so I really want to know whats going on while I'm truck'n down the road!

and if anyone has any tricks to installing the pyro pre turbo as far as not getting any metal shavings down inside or even worse running them through the turbo!

let me know ya'll

thanks in advance!

team_penin

Reaction score
I would put the boost in the intake on the top of the motor.
The pyro is pretty easy, just use lots of grease when drilling and tapping so you dont get metal shavings in the exhaust manifold.

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
that site was similar to the one I found that described how to install both guages!!

thanks a lot, that'll be a great help.

one more thing.. is the accuracy of the boost guage at that port in front of the map sensor or in the intake?

just need to pick your brains again.. I was leaning more toward the intake my self, but my buddies seemed to think that the other one would be easier! easier or not I'm only going to do this one time to this truck and I want it to be right!!

thanks again

dieselminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact piers and get the Boost Bolt its $18 but well worth it all you do is remove a bolt from on top the intake and put there bolt in and connect it thats it !

Genos Garage supplys this bolt free with the boost gauge .

For $18 from piers you can just about by a boost gauge from genos to get the bolt and keep the gauge for a spare , I suggest a diffrent gauge then what you have ...if you have the 35psi gauge get the 60 psi gauge as a spare and visevirsa

Good Luck

DM

Whit

Reaction score
As far as the preturbo pyro its real simple to pull the 2 bolts and 2 nuts where the turbo bolts to the exhaust manifold and just pull the turbo back away about an inch then simply put some duct tape over the turbo inlet as to not let any drill shavings get in there.

Cheers, Kevin

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
thanks for all the info, appreciate it

got 'em put in on Friday night, work great. appears to be a good thing I got the 60 psi guage insted of the 35, had 'er up to 32 saturday... amazing truly amazing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin